Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default UT and AZ CCW ?????

http://www.lethalforce.com/classes

If I get into this. Do I still need a PA LTC? I am resident PA Thanks!
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

(Delaware County)

Default Re: UT and AZ CCW ?????

Quote Originally Posted by gold eagle View Post

You need PA for UT to be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    Yup. I had to send Utah a copy of my PA. I believe you can get your PA up to a year after taking the Utah class and still apply. Not sure about AZ. Check with your instructor though...

(Mercer County)

You need your home state permit in order to apply for the Utah CFP. I'm going to have a class coming up in Mercer in the middle of August for $55. I'm charging $50, the club is charging an extra $5.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Mercer County)

Not true. You need your home state permit in order to APPLY for the CFP. I know many people who got the CFP before UT implemented that rule. Their permit is every bit as valid. They will, however, need to get their home state permit when they go to renew the CFP.

Quote Originally Posted by BradACP View Post
    Yup. I had to send Utah a copy of my PA. I believe you can get your PA up to a year after taking the Utah class and still apply. Not sure about AZ. Check with your instructor though...
    No such thing as a non-resident Arizona Instructor. I am an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, and the class that I teach(as well as many other NRA classes) QUALIFIES a person to apply for the Arizona CCW. You do not currently need your home state permit to apply for the Arizona, however, you cannot currently carry in Ohio on it. With Utah, you can.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Not true. You need your home state permit in order to APPLY for the CFP. I know many people who got the CFP before UT implemented that rule. Their permit is every bit as valid. They will, however, need to get their home state permit when they go to renew the CFP.
    Exactly as I said, you need your home state (PA as OP says) for it to be valid. He's not asking about previous UT holders...

(Mercer County)

Exactly as I said, you need your home state (PA as OP says) for it to be valid. He's not asking about previous UT holders...
    No, not exactly as you said. The home state permit has NOTHING to do with the CFP being "valid." It's required only to APPLY for the CFP, and renew it.

(Delaware County)

You need your home state permit in order to apply for the Utah CFP. I'm going to have a class coming up in Mercer in the middle of August for $55. I'm charging $50, the club is charging an extra $5.

No such thing as a non-resident Arizona Instructor. I am an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor, and the class that I teach(as well as many other NRA classes) QUALIFIES a person to apply for the Arizona CCW. You do not currently need your home state permit to apply for the Arizona, however, you cannot currently carry in Ohio on it. With Utah, you can .
    This is true for the OP, however it's only partly true in general.

Utah requires you have a permit/license from your home state ONLY if your home state recognizes the Utah CFP. So, people from NJ for instance, would not need a permit/license from Jersey to apply/obtain a Utah CFP because NJ doesn't recognize Utah's permit (or any other state for that matter).

Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFnewapp.html

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This is true for the OP, however it's only partly true in general.

Utah requires you have a permit/license from your home state ONLY if your home state recognizes the Utah CWP. So, people from NJ for instance, would not need a permit/license from Jersey to apply/obtain a Utah CWP because NJ doesn't recognize Utah's permit (or any other state for that matter).

That is absolutely correct, and it's funny that you wrote that, as I was typing out the SAME exact thing literally one minute ago in a PM to a guy with an upcoming class. He asked about MD.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gold eagle View Post

In addition to the reasons discussed above, you need a PA LTCF in order to legally carry within 1000' of a PA K-12 school, because of federal law (the GFSZA).
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.