Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks county residents SHTF plan group

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    So we should start a Bucks county residents SHTF group B thread?
    Or Bucks county residents SHTF group Upper or Lower?
    Just so I know, wouldn't want to offend anyone.
    Alot of us posted ideas and attended the meeting, I had 20+ posts in this thread myself before I deleted some. Hell I added what I thought was a good write up and could be helpful to all of us not just a select few on my friends list.
    At this point who's thread is it? Mike's group, my group, Val's group, Jason's?
    And what is the point of the thread now. To arrange meetings, post information, etc???
    It's not my group or thread. I just think it would be better for everyone to start a new thread if they want to start a group so we can put the issues created by the initial meeting to bed.

Don't you mean the issues created by you?

I made another thread for anyone interested in forming a sub group that's more allowing of diverse personalities. It shouldn't be an issue in the future.

I suggest we all let it drop. We sound like a bunch of bickering bitches, honestly.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Don't you mean the issues created by you?

I made another thread for anyone interested in forming a sub group that's more allowing of diverse personalities. It shouldn't be an issue in the future.

I suggest we all let it drop. We sound like a bunch of bickering bitches, honestly.
    No problem. Good luck with your group.

I hate to see such a fine and worthy idea become mired in bickering and dissent. So I have a suggestion.

Most of you have either met now, or have formed an opinion based on the forum. So, now you know who will and won't be condusive to your goals, and the means to achieve those goals. It is vitally important that the members of any group have the same goals and mindset. A quiet and private invitation to your group is in order. It also is necessary should your plans need to be carried out. No one here wants those aware of your group yet uninvolved in your group joining your group the day the SHTF. Build it and they will come.

Find your group, make your plans, and keep it all to yourselves.

What is glaringly obvious from this thread is the lack of cohesive leadership. No fault there, it's a human nature thing. But if this is what happens during planning, can you imagine if an event comes into play? Your all dead. I suggest that one of the most important things that needs to be worked out....and first....is how decisions are made. Essentually you need to create a mirco-government. The other aspects such as material needs, meet locations, flight directions, defensive methods, medical issues (first aid training etal), communications, etc are just logistics. Those are easy to figure out. The truely hard part is figuring out who's in charge and how that power is consented to and applied. Once that is resolved the rest falls into place. And keep in mind, human nature is a key element of all this. Each group needs to come to an understanding, this is how it works, this is what we're doing and the decision is final. You need to go as you planned, not plan as you go.

As you know, I have made my own plans and for good or for bad they can no longer include the fine folks I have met with already. I wish and pray for the very best to all of you should our worst nightmare become our worse reality.

So, co-ordinate your own like-minded groups, figure out your governance, plan the logistics. I would suggest once those groups have formed and created their methods that the groups inter-coordinate ideas, stratgies and materials. Some may have ideas and resouces the others have not yet considered or found. Because the truth is that on the whole all of you deserve to survive and help rebuild in the aftermath. You need each other.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

I don't care much for being criticized for ground rules I established for a meeting being held at my home. If some of you think that's wrong or prudish that's too bad,my home, my rules. My wife was here for the meeting & there was also a possibility of kids being there. I wasn't going to comment on all the crap & trashing this thread has become nor did I think I should have to but some of you won't leave it alone. Mike & I tried to conduct a civilized & orderly meeting & there are a some of you commenting on what happened that weren't even here. I wish you all luck with your individual groups because when it comes down to it we'll all be the same boat if it ever hits the fan.
    Please stop the infighting, it doesn't help anyone
    Jesus is Lord !

Hello to all of you from well north of Green Bay! I am wondering if your using Sandy as a test run for ideas, and refining ideas. Between flooding, power outages, road closures and legitimate fears you have an opportunity.

Me, I'm just sitting in my house with the fireplace burning logs from my woods.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Wayne County)

Anyone near Warrington small group will be best.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930