Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: "Next time, make sure you bring your carry permit."

Quote Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
    What do they do if you bring your halberd?
    Wouldn't that be a Prohibited Offensive Weapon? (i.e. an "other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose")
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Wouldn't that be a Prohibited Offensive Weapon? (i.e. an "other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose")
    How about a Thatchet? That has a common lawful purpose.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

The best effort underway toward getting these kinds of (absurd/rediculous/unreasonable) tangled applications of the unfriendly anti-RKBA laws undone is this:

<<<----- This is Proposed Language ----->>>
    § 6106.2. License not required.
    (a) Declaration. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, every person present in this Commonwealth shall have an affirmative, fundamental and constitutional right to keep and bear firearms, including the right to carry openly or concealed, carry loaded or unloaded, transport, possess, use, acquire, purchase, transfer, inherit, buy, sell, give or otherwise dispose of or receive any firearm or self-defense device without a license, permission or restriction of any kind from or by this Commonwealth or any of its political subdivisions.
    Support Constitutional Carry -- Call your Representative & request (insist) that he become a co-sponsor for HB 2176....

(Bradford County)

Got a little bit of new education here...

My experiences with courts and guns are generally limited to local DM and DJ, and the Cty court house in Towanda, PA.

In every case, the lockers are "open access" in the first part of the main entry. The keys are in the locks, and they're open to be used by anyone to check their firearm or "other".

You unlock the locker, put your things in it, lock it, take the key and proceed to your business. In the Towanda Cty court, there is a Sheriff security checkpoint just inside the second set of doors. You check your firearms at the first set of doors, unattended, and proceed through the security checkpoint which is through another set of doors and up about 4 steps. Since you have to empty your pockets, the sheriff on duty at the CP will undoubtedly see the locker key, but I've never been asked for ID or anything of the sort, and I generally keep the holster on me because it's a bit of a stripping act to detach/attach easily.

Simply inform the Sheriff or deputy that it's difficult to remove, and they'll watch for it on the scanner when you walk through and clear you. Of course, as you leave, remove your things and leave the key in the lock. No other person checks, touches, or apparently has access to your thins while they're in safe keeping at the lockers.

At some point, when there isn't so much going on down there, I intend to find out what happens if I'm carrying something (such as a rifle, lawfully) that doesn't fit in the lock box... how to proceed from there.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Christ View Post
    ..., the lockers are "open access" in the first part of the main entry. The keys are in the locks, and they're open to be used by anyone to check their firearm or "other".

You unlock the locker, put your things in it, lock it, take the key and proceed to your business. ....
    Chester County's new courthouse is this way. In the old courthouse, the lockers are after the detector...just inform that you have a firearm to check,
    you're waved through to use the locker yourself, then walk through the
    detector afterwards.

In either case, ID cards are locked in the secure location in the vehicle, since I am now on foot and OC.

Most of the deputies know to not even ask for your LTCF. Some LE's will try to tell you you are required to show, then end with "MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT THE NEXT TIME!" with a scowl.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234