Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Guns for bigger hands??

So I want a new toy. I currently have a Glock 30 for carry and like it because I have bigger hands I sold my SR40 Compact because i ended up not liking the feel in my hands great gun just didn't like it in my hands. I am looking for a 9mm compact that has the same size grip size has the Glock 30 any idea's

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Guns for bigger hands??

I had a g26, and my hand size led me to get rid of it. I now carry a 5" 1911 or a 4.5" XDm 9mm.

(Elk County)

Send Pennsyplinker a PM and ask HIS advice; he's got the biggest mitts I've seen on a male human. A Ruger Single-Six .22 revolver looks 2/3 scale in one of his paws.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Dauphin County)

If you don't need to CC it, look at Beretta like the M9 or especially the 90-Two. B i g Frame.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Beaver County)

Gen 3 S&W semi autos like the 5906 have a big grip. Expecialy if you add the Houge wrap around. But any double stack hi-cap gun should suffice for ya. I'm very partial to Gen 3 Smith auto loaders. I have quite a collection going here.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Cumberland County)

FN FNX or FNP, whatever they are calling it these days. Guess that isn't really subcompact though...

The subcompact XD (not XDM) has a pretty chubby grip.

(Westmoreland County)

I'll second the Glock 26 for a chubby, compact 9mm.

(Butler County)

I have fairly large hands and bought my Beretta 96 primarily because it had large, comfortable grips that fit well in my hands. The other contender at the time was a Springfield XD - just didn't fit as nicely. Ended up paying more for the Beretta but it was worth it. I'm big enough that CC on the 96 isn't bad, but it's a bit challenging in the summer with shorts and a t-shirt. I too am in the market for a smaller carry pistol and have been looking at the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact and Sub-Compacts. The grip width is only 0.1" narrower than the 92/96 and the sub-compacts have a "snap grip" to add length to the grip for bigger hands. A factory-provided extension is always a nice feature. It's been awhile since I handled a PX4, and I need to make some time to find an local shop with them in stock, but I think that's the way I'm going to go assuming it works overall for what I think I want in a new carry pistol. I've shot a lot of friends' smaller carry guns - notably Glocks, SAs, S&Ws, and a Kahr - and all of the grips hurt my hands after a mag or two because they're just too small. I like to shoot and I want to practice with what I carry, so...
    The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.

I have fairly big hands also I find that the Beretta fits my hands comfortably both the 92/96 and Px4 series. I also sseem to like the Glock 19/23s with houge grippers and 1911s with various rubber or wood grips. Another gun that felt a little too small was the 24/7 40 cal Tarurus but after adding the same grips its fits well. I don't know except for the Beretta 92/96 & PX4 if I'm prompting the Houges grippers or the other guns?

(Bucks County)

I have big hands (8" from tip of middle finger to the end of my palm) and I'm very comfortable with a Glock 19. The grip is a little on the short side if it were to be a range gun, but makes it perfect for carrying. Any smaller would make it unpleasant to shoot, yet any larger would make it unpleasant to carry. It's just about perfect for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast