Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I was the victim of an armed robbery tonight.

Last night, actually.

Wasn't really sure where I should post this, my apologies if I chose the wrong forum.

As we all know, times are tough. A few months ago, I took on a part time job delivering pizza to make ends meet. There are a few rough neighborhoods in the area where I live, and work. Two in particular are notorious. The local police have cracked down on them within the last five years or so, and while they're still not the kind of places where I'd want to live, they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. I've made deliveries to several regular customers in both, and had no problems. I guess I got complacent.

This one felt wrong, but I need the job, I need the money, and I've had no issues thus far, so...

It was a set up, surrounded by 4-5 miscreants, gun to my head, robbed of my cash, a number of items were taken from my car, and they scattered.

I'm still pretty damn shaken up. At the moment, I don't have any insight to share, just needed to talk about it a little.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: I was the victim of an armed robbery tonight.

Glad you made it through this experience safely.I hope the police catch the perps.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Damn man. I always thought, when I applied for these jobs, I'd always carry making those deliveries, but not sure if it would have helped you here or not. It's good you got through it OK; corny as it sounds all that stuff can be replaced, you and your health can't.

What are the chances of them getting caught? Did you get any decent descriptions, and can you ID them?

(Bradford County)

One of several situations where carrying probably wouldn't have helped your situation one bit, especially if you weren't prepared to deal with numerous threats (and who really is??).

Glad you're alive to talk about it. Hopefully your manager doesn't go all douche on you and try to make you pay back the money that was stolen (if it wasn't yours) and the perps get theirs in kind.

(Mercer County)

I'm glad you're OK. You are one lucky person to be able to walk away from like that in one piece.

I can't offer you any advice other than get a safer part time job to make ends meet.

My 30 plus year old daughter was talking about getting a pizza delivery job 5 or 6 years ago and I was able to talk her out it...she took part work at local "stop & rob" and the local crack heads robbed it three days later. She wasn't working at the time and when she found out about the robbery, She told them to "take this job and shove it"
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Last night, actually.

Wasn't really sure where I should post this, my apologies if I chose the wrong forum.

As we all know, times are tough. A few months ago, I took on a part time job delivering pizza to make ends meet. There are a few rough neighborhoods in the area where I live, and work. Two in particular are notorious. The local police have cracked down on them within the last five years or so, and while they're still not the kind of places where I'd want to live, they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. I've made deliveries to several regular customers in both, and had no problems. I guess I got complacent.

This one felt wrong, but I need the job, I need the money, and I've had no issues thus far, so...

It was a set up, surrounded by 4-5 miscreants, gun to my head, robbed of my cash, a number of items were taken from my car, and they scattered.

I'm still pretty damn shaken up. At the moment, I don't have any insight to share, just needed to talk about it a little.
    I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. I got held up at gun point in the same area about 13yrs ago "7-11 on 413". I'm glad to hear you made it out alive.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm sorry you had to endure this but I'm glad you came out of it unharmed.

(Bucks County)

I have been there. Work through issues.

Second guessing is normal. If u need to just talk it out.

Understand the situation before it happens and take notice to the signs before hand.

Be well glad you are still here.

(Berks County)

Like others have said, sometimes there's nothing you can do, but comply to survive. It's not the "manly" thing to say, perhaps, but you made it out alive. That, my friend, is all that really matters. Thank God you made it, sorry it happened to you.

Moving forward, you now know everything any of us could tell you. Now act on it.
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Luzerne County)

Indeed it doesn't sound like you had many options. Glad to hear you made it out alright.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast