Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ruger LC9

(Philadelphia County)

Default Ruger LC9

Hey guy name is Manny picked up a Ruger LC9 brand new at one of my local gun shops for pretty much $380 out the door. Reason i got this was cause i own a S&W M&P 9mm compact and a Glock 30 as my carry guns and none are really good enough to carry if im wearing lose shorts like basketball shorts so thought ill go look for a pocket one. Long story short looked at a LCP didn't like it looked at a Bodyguard 380 and didn't like it as well so got the LC9 since its a 9mm small light and fits good in my hands didn't have a ton of money to spend so thought it was just perfect. What our your takes on my buy. good gun? Pretty much what i got out of a LCP was a close combat spray and pray and that's what i wasn't looking for just something nice and small enough to replace my other 2 guns that are a little heavier

Default Re: Ruger LC9

Hey Manny,

Welcome aboard, I've had an LC9 now since they were pretty much released, Mine has been 100% reliable with anything I put thru it so far, More than I can say for the Kel-Tec PF9 it replaced, (Although I think that may have been a magazine issue) Anyhow once you get used to the long trigger pull, It's not really all that bad. I understand you can buy aftermarket triggers that fix the long pull problem, But I'm not sure where that would get you in a Court of law if you ever had to defend yourself.

All in all mine has been a great carry piece and as long as you like it, That's all that matters.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Check out this thread, there are others as well on the LC9

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/17...e-release.html

Also, the bluing is pretty poor on these rugers. I highly suggest coating the slide and small parts in a rust inhibitor like Eezox or Corrosive X. As soon as I get a day to get up to Eastern, mine's getting a cerokote finish.
    Last edited by Clark Kent; July 15th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

I don't regret buying mine at all. It's so easy to CC compared to my XD40 sub. The only thing like said before is the LONG and HEAVY trigger. I have found a company making a new trigger but havent heard any reviews on it yet. If you bought it for easy CC/OC then you got a good choice IMOP
    An Armed society is a polite one

Quote Originally Posted by DGR959 View Post
    I don't regret buying mine at all. It's so easy to CC compared to my XD40 sub. The only thing like said before is the LONG and HEAVY trigger. I have found a company making a new trigger but havent heard any reviews on it yet. If you bought it for easy CC/OC then you got a good choice IMOP
    Read that link I posted above. I have the galloway hammer, trigger bar, and trigger.

(Lancaster County)

I am def looking into the upgrades .. I love being able to CC that and i forget its even there

Did you do the upgrades yourself if so do i need to know anything ? or did you send it out if so what does that run ?

Im new to mods when it comes to firearms .. im skilled in a garage and love working with my hands but also understand there comes a point when its best to let a prof. do the job
    An Armed society is a polite one

Quote Originally Posted by DGR959 View Post
    I am def looking into the upgrades .. I love being able to CC that and i forget its even there

Did you do the upgrades yourself if so do i need to know anything ? or did you send it out if so what does that run ?

Im new to mods when it comes to firearms .. im skilled in a garage and love working with my hands but also understand there comes a point when its best to let a prof. do the job
    The installs are simple and galloway has put together several decent instructional videos. If you are ever down here, I'd be open to meeting at a local range to compare pistols back to back.