Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: About New Jersey and Transporting/Carrying To PA

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm aware of the case law regarding PA residents and non-resident licenses, but can you point me towards the basis for your statement that NO non-resident licenses are recognized by PA?
    AG Kane and her successor rewrote all the agreements to eliminate the honoring of the other states' non-resident licenses/permits.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: About New Jersey and Transporting/Carrying To PA

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm aware of the case law regarding PA residents and non-resident licenses, but can you point me towards the basis for your statement that NO non-resident licenses are recognized by PA?
    Have a look at this document, published by the PA AG:
    https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-c...ty-Summary.pdf

On the bottom of page 12:
    NOTE: Concealed carry licenses issued to either non-residents of the above listed states or
    individuals under the age of 21 are not recognized by Pennsylvania, and those individuals
    are not legally allowed to carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania.
    If you read further, into each states' reciprocity agreement, you'll find this language in all of them (typos are in the original document):
    The Commomvealth of Pennsylvania shall recognize all vaLid UT Licenses issued to legal
    residents of the State of Utah who are 21 years of age or older
    As already stated, the past two PA AGs took it upon themselves to either nullify and rewrite the reciprocity agreements (as in the case of New Hampshire), or, where only a statutory reciprocity existed (that is, no formal agreement, just a general determination that state X's laws were similar enough to PA that the clause in the UFA granting statutory reciprocity applied), they determined that the laws were no longer "similar", and drafted a specific reciprocity agreement that excluded non-residents (as was the case with Utah).

Also note on page 12, that the only states listed as "mutual statutory reciprocity" are states that do not issue non-resident permits.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456