Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
I agree with knight0334 and Greywolf in their postings.

What they are saying, in effect, is that the NJ transport scenario from NJ to Pa for licensed CC/OC purposes is indeed a violation of NJ law - that is incontrovertible.

The issue then rises to whether there is a viable affirmative defense under Federal law (18 USC 926A) to a prosecution under those very NJ statutes. That is the indeterminate part of the 'debate' and, until there is a judicial determination at either the state or Federal level, an averment of legality (as some have done in other threads) is ill-advised and rightfully necessitated the moderator's edict.

I don't speak for knight0334 but I don't think he has foreclosed anyone from further debating the issue by introducing corroborative documentary evidence supporting one conclusion of the other but unsupported 'yeah - it's legal' and anecdotal suppositions are not allowed. There is a perception of lack of enforcement and that could be attributed to many reasons but one should not use such anecdotal 'evidence' as dispositive as to the 'legality' (by Federal pre-emption).
Spot on..

What is forbidden is saying it is ok to transport without irrefutable proof that it is legal.

If you have something in writing, or link to legal text or case law - sure, you can claim otherwise.

Without proof otherwise, no one is at this site is to say it is legal without a NJ carry permit(except for NJ's exempted reasons).

This site does not need to get sued because someone said it is legal, all due to some person getting arrested and convicted of a New Jersey felony. I will be sure to pass along the user's sign-up info and IP addresses to the civil suit plaintiff if it were to happen to redirect any suit from PAFOA.

If a person wants to practice law here at PAFOA, they better be a member of the Bar and licensed to practice. Otherwise, any legal advice given should be to the strictest adherence to the law. ...ie: if there is a gray area, go with the advice that cannot put a person in prison.