Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rosedale Sportsmans Association

My father and I are looking at putting in a membership application at RSA and was wondering if anyone has been or is a member to give me some information about how they like it. I have been on their site and might head out to the next meeting to check it out. All information is greatly appreciated. We are both in the military and love shooting, but going to the public range in Wexford is sometimes more of a pain than fun...

Thanks,
    Tim

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Rosedale Sportsmans Association

I'm interested in this as well. I recently moved back to Pitt...Cheswick to be exact, and Rosedale is just over the hill from me. Haven't been there yet, but it def. sounds busy pretty constantly!! Kinda like the 4th all year round ...either that or being on a beach-head!!
    I've also been thinking of checking out the Shooters Bench...I hear you can sign up for the range there, Deer Lakes possibly? Went there once with a friend, nice layout, not as big as Rosedale's though I think.

(Allegheny County)

Think you are thinking of West Deer Sportsmans club. My husband and I belong there - its a no frills place. Gotta deal with Joe ! haha Just follow the rules and you will be fine...... I like it there a lot though. I don't know if you can sign up there at Shooters Bench anymore though. I was told not...but things change constantly so I don't know right now.

I took classes at Rosedale sportsmans club a few years ago but they are primarily skeet shooting not basic pistol type shooting. Might want to take a tour there depending on your shooting interest.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks! I am actually looking for an all around club. I want to get into long range shooting and it seems that they are the closest range to me with a rifle range over 300 yards. I also am into pistol shooting and was looking for a place with an indoor range. Lastly, I am a duckaholic and live to waterfowl hunt so the trap and skeet would definitely help me out. I researched a couple other places and this one looked like the best fit for me. I'm going to go to their next meeting to get more of an idea.

(Allegheny County)

I'm a new'ish (about 9 months) member at Rosedale and really love it. I use the rifle range the most (out to about 250m up the hillside), but you can shoot pistol out there too. There's also the indoor range for pistol shooting that's nice in the winter because you can get the heater going. They've got a bunch of trap/skeet setups (4, I believe) and times are reserved for those. If the shotgun ranges aren't reserved, the rifle range is open. The schedule is always up-to-date online.

I've had nothing but luck with all the other members I've run into and had the opportunity to shoot alongside. There's been a bunch of fun shooting competitions and I hear they're working on making some big improvements and widening the outdoor range, too.

Feel free to ask me any other specific questions.

To become a member, swing by the monthly meeting - this wednesday at 7:30 - with some cash (the application form is online - rosedalesportsmen.org )

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jwramp View Post
    I'm a new'ish (about 9 months) member at Rosedale and really love it. I use the rifle range the most (out to about 250m up the hillside), but you can shoot pistol out there too. There's also the indoor range for pistol shooting that's nice in the winter because you can get the heater going. They've got a bunch of trap/skeet setups (4, I believe) and times are reserved for those. If the shotgun ranges aren't reserved, the rifle range is open. The schedule is always up-to-date online.

I've had nothing but luck with all the other members I've run into and had the opportunity to shoot alongside. There's been a bunch of fun shooting competitions and I hear they're working on making some big improvements and widening the outdoor range, too.

Feel free to ask me any other specific questions.

To become a member, swing by the monthly meeting - this wednesday at 7:30 - with some cash (the application form is online - rosedalesportsmen.org )
    Do you know how much I would need to bring?

(Allegheny County)

Don't worry about the sponsorship part - you'll just have to get up and introduce yourselves to the crowd. I'd be happy to be a friendly face to talk to when you arrive, not sure what the best way of identifying myself would be though... I'll send you a PM.

From the application, it looks like it's a $40 activation fee, then the $60/yr dues, bringing it to $100 total for the first year, then $60/yr after that. You should bring an extra $10-20 for a set of keys, too. Then you'll be able to get into the club whenever.

It's been well worth the $5/yr for me so far...

Application is here: http://www.rosedalesportsmen.org/Membership.doc

(Allegheny County)

I have been with Rosedale for 6 months and I have no complaints. I will try to be at the meeting next week 8/15 if you need a sponsor, just let me know so I can make an extra effort to be there.

I shoot mostly pistol and a little rifle. It's a bring your own target stand type of outdoor range. (I showed up under prepared my first time)