Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Local Ranges?

(Montgomery County)

Default Local Ranges?

Hello,

I don't live in Monroe but my family has a vacation home off 940 about 10 minutes from Blakeslee and I find myself there many weekends out of the year for fishing and relaxation. I'm planning a 10 day trip in April and I'm wondering other than the sgl's if there are any public ranges.

Thanks

Tj

Only games in town:

Sunset Hill

Pocono Manor Rod & Gun Club

You might want to give Dunkelberger's Sports Outfitters in Stroudsburg a call when you arrive in the area. They may have their new indoor range open by April. Phone: 1.570.421.7950

Bring money!

These guys run a real good trap shoot on Wednesday evenings. Don't know if they'll be open in April; but, you can give them a call:

Moscow Sportsmen's Association
    Last edited by G21.45; February 26th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Local Ranges?

sunset hill's prices... do they really charge 5 bucks for 6 rounds in a pistol? that's over 1 a bullet ... at my range, it's so much cheaper if you are going to shoot more than 2 boxes of ammo of anything... geez... this must atract new york residents of whom can not easily buy a pistol.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Berks County)

You can go to the local Game Land Range 127. Go east on 940 to route 380 north take this to the Gouldsbough exit get off there and turn left crossing back over 380. Follow this road it turns to dirt and goes into the woods cross the Lehigh river and the range will be on the left a few hundred yards down
    The truth shall set you free.

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands

I can not wait until NJ sinks in the ocean and PA has ocean front property

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post

sunset hill's prices... do they really charge 5 bucks for 6 rounds in a pistol?
    The $6 for 6 rounds pricing is on the gun rental range, where an instructor hands you a loaded gun and stands next to you while you only have to pull the trigger. The instructor loads, unloads and makes clear. It works well for people new to shooting, including people that have never even touched a gun before.

It also works out well if you want to try a bunch of different handgun and rifle calibers in a short period of time.

On the other hand, if you bring your own guns and ammo it's $10 for the entire day.

There is a one time safety briefing for an additional $10 (basic gun safety and a review of the range rules). Pulley driven target retrieval bays are available for an extra $5 per hour. They also have three trap stations, if your shotgun needs a workout. All in all, it's a pretty reasonable way to spend a day shooting, but call first to get the specifics on their current pricing schedule and hours of operation.
    Vortex

"The United States is a nation of laws, . . . . badly written and randomly enforced." - generally attributed to Frank Zappa