Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Registration?

(York County)

Default Re: Registration?

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    Im actually taking the class july 29th to obtain my Utah out of residents license, and that's so much different than nj, in nj you have to register your handgun with three different places, the firearms dealer, your local police, and the state police!
    Do you, or do you not have a carry permit/license from New Jersey? IIRC, Utah will not issue unless you have one from your resident state. Might want to research this a little further.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Do you, or do you not have a carry permit/license from New Jersey? IIRC, Utah will not issue unless you have one from your resident state. Might want to research this a little further.
    Don't know the exact regulations, but maybe Florida then?
    IANAL | Philadelphia. "...Land of the free..." Not quite.

(Lawrence County)

I'll have to disagree with everyone else here and say that there is a registry in PA, your particular firearm just doesn't need to be on it. Try to purchase a handgun here and keep your name off of it, won't happen. You know why? Because it's REGISTERED with the State Police. Referring to it as a "sales database" is no different than calling an illegal alien an undocumented worker.

Just because the idiots in robes interpreted the meaning of "any registry" to be "any complete registry" doesn't make it so. It makes me laugh when firearm owners will bitch if someone calls an AR-15 an assault weapon but don't hesitate to call the PSP's illegal registry a "sales database". If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......................

I don't need an nj carry permit in order to obtain a Utah permit because nj doesn't recognize utahs license nj only recognizes their own license and the new Utah law states I must have a license from my resident state if my resident state honors utahs permit which it doesn't so im all good

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I'll have to disagree with everyone else here and say that there is a registry in PA, your particular firearm just doesn't need to be on it. Try to purchase a handgun here and keep your name off of it, won't happen. You know why? Because it's REGISTERED with the State Police. Referring to it as a "sales database" is no different than calling an illegal alien an undocumented worker.

Just because the idiots in robes interpreted the meaning of "any registry" to be "any complete registry" doesn't make it so. It makes me laugh when firearm owners will bitch if someone calls an AR-15 an assault weapon but don't hesitate to call the PSP's illegal registry a "sales database". If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......................
    This is true but the state police only keep track of handguns purchased within the commonwealth not out of state handguns ( that's the argument the state police used to prove its not a full registry)

(York County)

I don't need an nj carry permit in order to obtain a Utah permit because nj doesn't recognize utahs license nj only recognizes their own license and the new Utah law states I must have a license from my resident state if my resident state honors utahs permit which it doesn't so im all good
    Sounds like you've already done your research, which is good. I haven't kept it up all that much, I already live in America.

Sorry. Sometimes I just get carried away.

Welcome to PAFOA.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Luzerne County)

I agree.

You can buy long guns all day long and never fill out a piece of paper. Why?
    Your wife can buy a gun and gift it to you with out any paper work on your part. Why? The same is said for your mother, father and children.

The intended purpose of the paper work that you do need to fill out is there to ensure that you are eligible to own a firearm. That same paper work buy law is to be destroyed by the state police. The same state police that was sued and lost for trying to use that info as a registry.

The thing of it is because they have decided that they can circumvent the law is no reason that we should accept it. They will get away with it until such a time someone challenges it in court. It has been my hope that this is the direction this forum was is headed.
    Last edited by normanvin; July 11th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Dauphin County)

+1 Every time this comes up in a conversation I'm saying this very thing in my head. Lucky for me I have a couple of firearms that traveled with me from other states so they aren't in the "database" as of yet. Rep incoming

Edit: That's not to say I agree with it, but its the sad truth.
    Last edited by Lobo41; July 11th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Kick them in the nuts ........ or vajajay...--Mitch10mm

Sounds like you've already done your research, which is good. I haven't kept it up all that much, I already live in America.

Sorry. Sometimes I just get carried away.

Welcome to PAFOA.
    I try to do as much research as possible lol and yeah I hate nj its terrible most people wait 3 months to get their handgun purchase permit I was lucky to get mine in 3 weeks because my cousins a cop but I still have to follow the bs law that I can only purchase one handgun per month

(Lawrence County)

This is true but the state police only keep track of handguns purchased within the commonwealth not out of state handguns ( that's the argument the state police used to prove its not a full registry)
    Full registry has nothing to do with anything, here is the quote word for word from the UFA:

nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow any
    government or law enforcement agency or any agent thereof to
    create, maintain or operate any registry of firearm ownership
    within this Commonwealth.
    Notice the part I bolded, it says "any registry", not "any full registry". I've looked at every definition I could find for the word "registry" and I've found nothing that has the word "complete" in it anywhere. Just because there may be a percentage point or two of the handguns in the state not in the registry does not make it something else.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast