Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default I traded away my 870

I have a very dear friend who really liked my 870. It was just a plain jane 870 express synthetic 7 round. I loved it though and really spent some time shooting it. I traded it to him for a nice Mossberg 535 that came with 2 barrels. I didn't really want the Mossy. Nothing against the 535 at all, I just loved my 870.

Why did I do it? Well my friend was sick. Dying actually. In fact he passed just about a month ago. And you know what? I'm starting to like my new mossy and I wouldn't trade it away for the world. Still on the lookout for a nice 870 again though.

Anyone else have a gun that means something to them?
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I traded away my 870

Yes the guns my grandfather gave me a 410 bolt action and a preban norinco sks that he customized
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

I have quite a few, A Very Good friend of mine Died a few years ago and his Wife gave me his entire collection, She wouldn't even take a $1 for anything, Said He'd want me to have it all, Probably was $50k worth of Guns, Gear and Ammo, He was set for WW3, I got to say though I still feel weird taking all that and her not letting me give her anything for it, But I told her if she ever wanted them back, They are hers. Then a Year later My Brother Died and had Willed me all his guns, So I got quite a few that mean alot, But I'd give them all back to have both those guys back around.

Sounds like you got some Great memories attached to the Mossy, It's a Keeper IMO.

TJB
    Last edited by TJB63; July 8th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Recoil Happens

(Beaver County)

My girlfriend bought me this sexy beast for our anniversary this past year. Remington 870 Tactical. This and my 930 SPX are my absolute favorites.

I also have a PT92 that I've had for about five years now. It rusted because I left in a moist case a few years ago and I stripped it down, refinished it and brought it back to life. I felt like I was going to have a stroke when I opened that case. On the plus side, I had to strip so much of the slide off because of the rust that I removed the Taurus billboard on the side of it!

(Washington County)

Keep those guns chrmm22sr.

TJB63, wow! That's about all I can say. If you happen to have an 870 in there that needs a new home let me know.

Misery556, nice setup man. Did your 870 come with the extended ported Tactical Rem Choke?
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: I traded away my 870

I've got a Rock 'ola M1 Carbine that my father got for me on my 16th birthday. I have a lot of fond memories shooting it, and wouldn't part with it for anything..

(Cumberland County)

I had an old sears/Ted Williams semi auto 20 gauge that my grandfather left my dad, and my dad gave me on my 13th bday.

Wouldn't trade it for anything!
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Cumberland County)

On a side note, I have the same exact 870 as pictured above by Misery556, but with a Mesa urbino stock. Definitely in my top 3 favorite guns.

Btw, Misery, did u make those 7 shotshell strips (with the pull cord) or buy them that way?
    Last edited by jachrist; July 12th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Beaver County)

I have some of my dad's guns from when he passed away.My favorite of those is his Ruger 77 in 30-06 that I bought for him when I got my first good job.
    Also have a S&W 686-6 from a friend that passed.I would trade my whole collection to have dad and my friend back.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

I have my Grandfathers Sears Priemer Pre WWII .22 pump. I take it out every once in a while, clean it, shoot 50 or so round through it, clean it and put it away.

It's one of the nicest shooting .22's I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast