Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default bought a new mossberg, question

heard about mossberg is a good brand for shotgun..so i bought this brand new mossberg 500 with 20 ga recently for $380 including notary..is this gun worth? or is it overprice? by the way, can anyone tell me what series is this? i meant like a street sweeper or whatever this is? cant find any info of it lol

thanks!!!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: bought a new mossberg, question

Its a Model 500 Persuader. Heres a link to Mossbergs site. http://mossberg.com/products/default...ction=products Just scroll through the pics by hitting the "more models" arrow, it will come up. Its a solid gun for sure. Someone else will answer your question on price as I honestly dont know. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by bripro; July 8th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

You mighta paid a little too much, however that is an ideal model of Mossy 500. You were certainly not ripped of.

(Indiana County)

That is a Mossberg 500 Tactical.
    Stock # 50145.
    The stock number should be on your box.

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossb.../NEW/50145.jpg

As long as the gun is brand new, I think the price you paid is OK if you are saying $380 including tax and pics.
    I don't know what rotary is unless you mean notary which I still don't understand why you needed a notary.

It is probably about $15 less than that on my side of the state.

That thing on the end is a door breaching device which I strongly suggest you never attempt to try out. Serious injury can and probably would result.

A street sweeper is nothing like the gun you bought.
    Google street sweeper shotgun.

Question?
    Why did you go with a 20ga?

There is a far greater choice of 12ga ammo out there is the only reason I ask.

Good solid guns.

Also, if you cannot get 5 rounds into the tube, there is a plug in it blocking it. Look at your owners manual to see how to remove it if it is in there.

Lastly, not to sound rude, but from your post it seems as if you are a new gun owner/shooter, I suggest some training. A local shooting range in your area should be able to give you some info on a class in basic firearms.
    Last edited by 39flathead; July 8th, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    That is a Mossberg 500 Tactical.
    Stock # 50145.
    The stock number should be on your box.

http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossb.../NEW/50145.jpg

As long as the gun is brand new, I think the price you paid is OK if you are saying $380 including tax and pics.
    I don't know what rotary is unless you mean notary which I still don't understand why you needed a notary.

It is probably about $15 less than that on my side of the state.

That thing on the end is a door breaching device which I strongly suggest you never attempt to try out. Serious injury can and probably would result.

A street sweeper is nothing like the gun you bought.
    Google street sweeper shotgun.

Question?
    Why did you go with a 20ga?

There is a far greater choice of 12ga ammo out there is the only reason I ask.

Good solid guns.

Also, if you cannot get 5 rounds into the tube, there is a plug in it blocking it. Look at your owners manual to see how to remove it if it is in there.

Lastly, not to sound rude, but from your post it seems as if you are a new gun owner/shooter, I suggest some training. A local shooting range in your area should be able to give you some info on a class in basic firearms.
    ya, found the stock number and its 50145!! i picked 20ga bc it has less recoil so my mum could use it lol and ya im new gun owner, store it at home for in case shit happen lol, ill never figure out the "door breaching device" if u never told me haha, thanks!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by kent830 View Post
    ya, found the stock number and its 50145!! i picked 20ga bc it has less recoil so my mum could use it lol and ya im new gun owner, store it at home for in case shit happen lol, ill never figure out the "door breaching device" if u never told me haha, thanks!
    I gotcha.

In the future, keep in mind that they make low recoil law enforcement rounds for the 12ga.
    Also, many 20ga shotguns are made to weigh lighter and even though the 20ga might have less "kick" in a gun the same weight as a 12ga, sometimes a 20ga can actually feel like it has more "kick" due to the light weight of the gun itself.

Also, if you buy any goodies for your 500, make sure they fit the 20ga model, some things are for 12 only.