Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Moved from Lancaster to Berks - What do I do?

From the wording, it does not appear to be MANDATORY - simply recommended so the renewal form is mailed to the correct address in a timely manner.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    From the wording, it does not appear to be MANDATORY - simply recommended so the renewal form is mailed to the correct address in a timely manner.
    That's the way I interpret it too.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Berks County)

I got ahold of the office this morning and I have to go through the whole application process as if I'm a new applicant. It sucks, but oh well. $25 bucks down the drain. I guess the change of address clause would be relevant if I'd changed addresses, but stayed within the county.

Quote Originally Posted by tbmatthews82 View Post
    I got ahold of the office this morning and I have to go through the whole application process as if I'm a new applicant. It sucks, but oh well. $25 bucks down the drain. I guess the change of address clause would be relevant if I'd changed addresses, but stayed within the county.

It's your money, but to be honest at this point I would just wait until your permit is due. Unless it's due within the next couple months if it were me I'd save my money.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by tbmatthews82 View Post
    I agree with God's Country on this one. There is nothing in the UFA or any other PA law that mandates that you must pay the money to renew your LTCF when you move. It is good for 5 years regardless of what county, or even what state you live in. It was issued on the said date and is good for 5 years, regardless of county residence status.

If you want to spend the money to do this, then fine. But I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I might do is contact the issuing sheriff and let him know I moved and ask him to correct his records so the renewal information is sent to the correct place. But in no way would I pay the sheriff of the new county any money to update it.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; February 26th, 2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: edited wrong post

(Luzerne County)

Ditto. there is no benefit to renewing (which is essentially what you would be doing) until it expires.

As mentioned, the law says the license is valid until expired or revoked. The end.

(Allegheny County)

TB, I'll do you one better. When I got my PA permit I lived in VA. When it became obvious that I was going to move to PA, I contacted the issuing Sheriff (Denny Nau of Centre County) and he told me the permit was good until it expired and to give him my new address when I settled in. He wanted my address simply so he could sent my notification that my permit was about to expire which he did. I then renewed in my home county. I moved here in June of 2004 and just now had to renew.
    The Lord Bless You

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Ditto. there is no benefit to renewing (which is essentially what you would be doing) until it expires.

As mentioned, the law says the license is valid until expired or revoked. The end.
    When I relocated to Huntingdon County the sheriff told me my LTCF (issued in MontCO and had 3 years left on it) was fine. No need to apply yet through his office. He did advise me to contact MontCo sheriffs office to notify them that I was no longer a county resident. That would remove me from the "renewal notice" mailing list. I was then responsible for keeping track of the expiration date on my own. When it came time for renewal I was issued a new LTCF through Huntingdon county not a renewal. Since then I have renewed with no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12