Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Expanding to California

Ya, I know. What are we thinking. Well there really is no bad, cause we are not moving their, and it's business.

Anyway, my question is that Cali has the idiot waiting period. Obviously if we live their we will need a gun for protection, and all my guns are covered in red tape as far as California regulations are concerned.

If we buy a gun here, is it legal to send it over to Cali, and does it have to go to a dealer, and if it does, do you have to submit to the waiting period to pick it up, even though you bought it in free(er) state.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Expanding to California

Go register at Calguns and ask your question there. I don't remember the details but I think you have 60 days or something before you have to register a handgun. If your handgun and mags comply with their laws, it is normally OK to bring them for a short trip. Check with Calguns to be sure since they do have crazy laws.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    If we buy a gun here, is it legal to send it over to Cali, and does it have to go to a dealer, and if it does, do you have to submit to the waiting period to pick it up, even though you bought it in free(er) state.
    Get thee to the CalGuns. They'll tell you everything you want to know about California's repressive regime and how firearms from out of state work. It's a beautiful place to visit/live, but for anyone that has even the remotest awareness of political and legal issues, it's definitely not particularly friendly.

(Montgomery County)

Just posted at CalGuns, thanks for the advice. Like I said though, fortunately it's not for a permanent move. Just business trips, and it would be easier to have a gun their already, then have the hassle of traveling with a gun.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    Just posted at CalGuns, thanks for the advice. Like I said though, fortunately it's not for a permanent move. Just business trips, and it would be easier to have a gun their already, then have the hassle of traveling with a gun.
    Traveling to California with a gun is less hassle than keeping a gun in California. It's no hassle at all.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448