Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock C models

(Indiana County)

Default Glock C models

Hey guy's I was wondering for those of you that have ever used the Glock C models how noticeable of a difference does it make? I've owned or still own Glock 17, 19, 26, 22, 23, 27, 29, 30sf, and 32 but never any of the C models I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on them. Yes I do know I can buy an aftermarket ported barrel or a threaded barrel and put a compensator on it which I've done both but for right now I just want input on the stock glock C models.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock C models

I've got a G22C and a complete 24C Upper that I switch on and off of the 22C. It may be just a subjective thing, but the C versions seem louder to me. I have noticed that the ports on the 24C do seem to help with muzzle flip during fast doubles to a greater extent than the shorter bbl 22C. You could get a complete 22C Upper and swap it on and off your G22 and do a better comparison without buying an entire new Glock 22C. Of course, during low light shooting, you will notice quite a difference in muzzle flash.
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Dauphin County)

I have a 20c and the recoil felt less than my xd40 service. I can control my 20c better than any other pistol i've owned during rapid fire also.

Muzzle flash will be the same. It's the port flash that some people think will affect you during night shooting.

(Centre County)

Lightbulb Re: Glock C models

I have a G17c that I traded for and put in a threaded lone Wolf barrel. Sometimes I shoot the different barrels back to back and do notice everything that compensated barrel will give you. Less muzzle rise, which equates to faster follow up shots, and more percussion. I don't currently have a timer to train with, but feel it could make a noticeable (not necessarily substantial) difference in your times.

I don't use the "C" barrel for HD/SD because I think it could make a (negative) difference in my night vision, as I am sensitive to that kind of thing. YMMV.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lycoming County)

they are great. It noticably(you would just have to feel it to know how much) reduces recoil. I know of several people and police officers that use them as personal cc weapons and or duty carry.

one thing not to believe is all the hype(negative) about them not being good for cc or sd/hd they are fine...i can think of only a very few times it would be a disadvantage(firing from a close in retention position which would direct the gas close to your face) but im more than willing to take its advantages over that 1 small chance at a disadvantage(and if you train right you can mitigate that disadvantage by learning to cant the gun sideways in a retention situation)....and the It will ruin your night vision stuff is crap...wont ruin it any more than any typical muzzle flash.

How about this for a selling point. Massad Ayoob uses a magna ported(compensated) Beretta 92 with night sights as his hd/nightstand gun...I dont think a guy like him would use a compensated gun for a hd/nightstand gun if it wasnt good and or worth it.

www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob54.html

Just be aware the porting does reduce velocity some vs the same length non ported barrel.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    I have a G17c that I traded for and put in a threaded lone Wolf barrel. Sometimes I shoot the different barrels back to back and do notice everything that compensated barrel will give you. Less muzzle rise, which equates to faster follow up shots, and more percussion. I don't currently have a timer to train with, but feel it could make a noticeable (not necessarily substantial) difference in your times.

I don't use the "C" barrel for HD/SD because I think it could make a (negative) difference in my night vision, as I am sensitive to that kind of thing. YMMV.
    Surefire has a free shot timer app for the iPhone. Im sure they have it for other phones also.

(Monroe County)

Unless you are old or crippled you dont need a compensated HANDGUN, if you cant handle the recoil of a 9mm or .40 cal handgun you are pretty much useless (not you personally) and shouldnt be jerking around with a gun to begin with, a powerful rifle or shotgun i can understand but a HANDGUN?

If you want see a big blast and sparks fly buy some fireworks.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Unless you are old or crippled you dont need a compensated HANDGUN, if you cant handle the recoil of a 9mm or .40 cal handgun you are pretty much useless (not you personally) and shouldnt be jerking around with a gun to begin with, a powerful rifle or shotgun i can understand but a HANDGUN?

If you want see a big blast and sparks fly buy some fireworks.
    pretty ignorant statement. Its not that people NEED it its that the fact that it reduces recoil/muzzle rise so you get back on target quicker. Thats why you see them on many competition guns...if they didnt work or add a ADVANTAGE they would not use them...thats obviously why Ayoob uses it... Take any advantage you can get OP dont listen to crap like your useless lol if anything was useless its the thought or premise behind that post lol.