Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Philly FA unit still does as it pleases!

3 generations dissed in 1 day. Talking to a co-worker who is finally serious about getting his LTCF. He was talking to his father who has had a Philly LTC for many years. Dad noticed his was up for renewal within days , so they both decide to go together. They mention it to my co-workers son , a rookie PPD , who actually has done his homework on PA firearms law. So he tags along. The old man goes first. Says something to the (Sgt?) running the show about how he was supposed to get a renewal notice. Was told "we don't do that anymore , you have to keep track of these things yourself!" Counters with, "PA state law says you have to send a renewal notice!" Cop says, "Well maybe you lost it?" Then the old man asks, "So what if it had expired?" Was told, "Then you have to reapply all over!"

So then my friend asks for his application. Desk jockey rolls his eyes and gives the standard uninterested schpeal and says the application process will take 6-8 weeks. My friend say,''Thought it's suposed to take 45 days or so?" Cop, "Great , another know-it-all!"

Then the young rookie, hearing enough flips out his bagde and ID and asks to speak to the LT in charge. The Sgt looks at his badge & ID and says, "If you want to keep your job ROOKIE , you'll go back to your own precinct and mind your own business!"

Glad I live in Montco!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Default Re: Philly FA unit still does as it pleases!

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    3 generations dissed in 1 day. Talking to a co-worker who is finally serious about getting his LTCF. He was talking to his father who has had a Philly LTC for many years. Dad noticed his was up for renewal within days , so they both decide to go together. They mention it to my co-workers son , a rookie PPD , who actually has done his homework on PA firearms law. So he tags along. The old man goes first. Says something to the (Sgt?) running the show about how he was supposed to get a renewal notice. Was told "we don't do that anymore , you have to keep track of these things yourself!" Counters with, "PA state law says you have to send a renewal notice!" Cop says, "Well maybe you lost it?" Then the old man asks, "So what if it had expired?" Was told, "Then you have to reapply all over!"

So then my friend asks for his application. Desk jockey rolls his eyes and gives the standard uninterested schpeal and says the application process will take 6-8 weeks. My friend say,''Thought it's suposed to take 45 days or so?" Cop, "Great , another know-it-all!"

Then the young rookie, hearing enough flips out his bagde and ID and asks to speak to the LT in charge. The Sgt looks at his badge & ID and says, "If you want to keep your job ROOKIE , you'll go back to your own precinct and mind your own business!"

Glad I live in Montco!
    Maybe this helps to explain why Obama's ads promising "more cops if you just let us raise taxes some more" aren't working. When was the last time that a "public servant" acted as though the "servant" part was more than an ironic joke?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Public Self-servant.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Philadelphia County)

Glad I live in Montco!
    Philly has districts, everyone knows that. Especially anyone in the Municipal system, most especially LE. Sorry, my bravo sierra meter just pinged.

(Philadelphia County)

Glad I live in Montco!
    A co-worker of mine is retired PPD. He had to renew his LTCF a few months ago. Got the same attitude and more. Ended up having a nice chat with Lt. King about it. Turns out the Detective he had to put up with was the wife of a Deputy Commissioner...

It appears Detective (Mrs.) Blackburn is still on the job.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    A co-worker of mine is retired PPD. He had to renew his LTCF a few months ago.
    why? he is one of the special class that can carry under leosa.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    why? he is one of the special class that can carry under leosa.
    I know. I tried explaining that to him. He knew almost nothing about LEOSA. I even gave him the name and contact info for a range where he can get qualified. He's just someone who doesn't believe in carrying everywhere and every time , even after 25 years as a cop.

Cool Re: Philly FA unit still does as it pleases!

Quote Originally Posted by Topperoni View Post
    Philly has districts, everyone knows that. Especially anyone in the Municipal system, most especially LE. Sorry, my bravo sierra meter just pinged.
    So I said precinct , he probably said district , my bad , big fuckin' deal!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Topperoni View Post

really.... For a damn word? We have ENOUGH problems with grammar nazis starting S**t in other threads over LESS. Abners been around here for a bit, so for using a different word there isnt a reason to call the whole thing BS. Furthermore, cops should know its called a district? They dont even know that the hell the laws on carrying a gun are. let alone a renewal notice. Hell, go talk to viper and tell him that LE from philly knows ANYTHING, Im sure he would disagree...

On a more post related note, professional courtesy is no longer extended to other cops, as there is no professionalism OR courtesy.
    Last edited by SteveinNEPA; June 26th, 2012 at 08:42 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    really.... For a damn word? We have ENOUGH problems with grammar nazis starting S**t in other threads over LESS. Abners been around here for a bit, so for using a different word there isnt a reason to call the whole thing BS. Furthermore, cops should know its called a district? They dont even know that the hell the laws on carrying a gun are. let alone a renewal notice. Hell, go talk to viper and tell him that LE from philly knows ANYTHING, Im sure he would disagree...

On a more post related note, professional courtesy is no longer extended to other cops, as there is no professionalism OR courtesy.

Words have meaning, as I learned whenever I (yeah, admittedly a low post count, Philthy resident, B lister who should lknow his place) gets dogpiled for "a word". I have never heard anyone from this city call it a precinct, and just expressed a concern. I have worked around LE daily for over a decade, and have learned the language.
    Do ALL Philly cops know nothing? Have you met them all? Yeas, there are MANY toads there in uniform. Yes, the corporate culture seems to favor said toads. Yes, the toads are the ones that we encounter, because the professional cops are busy looking for real criminals not busting the chops of gun owners.
    I simply expressed a concern over the story. If that is not in keeping with the Philthy Sucks fairy tails that are popular, then so be it. Finally, before I get negative repped to death, save the first negrep for someone who very freely calls someone a nazi (I resent the hell out of that one).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast