Was taking a walk with my wife tonight through Boyce Park while the kids were in vacation bible school as we don't get much time to ourselves (open carry as usual). While walking down one of the roads we were passed by an Allegheny County Police cruiser. The cruiser stopped and turned around and the officer (Chris Simms) rolled down his window and started a conversation with us. Chris stated that he had never seen anyone open carry before. Chris pulled over and we had about a 15 minute talk about open carry, other police departments, harassment, among other things. Chris is not a supporter of open carry, but said he doesn't want to stop anyone else from doing it. The officer was beyond professional. Never asked for any paperwork and seemed genuinely interested to hear my side of the open carry story. It was wonderful to talk to such a professional police officer and I will be contacting his department to let them know they have a winner in their ranks. I know some on here will throw up the red flag just for the fact that he stopped to talk to me, but I think that if you were there, you would see the value in the conversation we shared. Thank you Officer Chris Simms, I hope you get to read this post.