Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up This is great! Citizen shuts down police using the constitution. (video)

Know your constitution!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Ghostrider275452; June 26th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    Why don't they count posts in the lounge?

(Crawford County)

Default Re: This is great!

i would have to agree that he knows his stuff and has every right to do what he has done but on the other hand if i was to be stopped in my town i would most likely comply with the leo give him/her my id and be on my way.. i guess because i really have nothing to hide but thats just me
    Hi-Point 380 ACP, Savage 22 Mag

(Lancaster County)

Ahhh the "I have nothing to hide " thing! Hey, it's cool. We each have to do what's best for each of us. And I admit, I posted this before I watched the vid! I personally dont like show me your papers attitude of many local leo.

(Crawford County)

well idk knowing my leo's legal or not they would most likley haul me in and i really dont have the time or money to fight that ill just show them what they want to see and be on my way.. as i have seen there are plenty of ppl out there proudly sticking it to the man...

Quote Originally Posted by tursky4 View Post
    i would have to agree that he knows his stuff and has every right to do what he has done but on the other hand if i was to be stopped in my town i would most likely comply with the leo give him/her my id and be on my way.. i guess because i really have nothing to hide but thats just me
    I understand where you are coming from but for some people it goes beyond having nothing to hide. In this case the officer was breaking the law he is sworn to uphold. The person in the video had nothing to hide, but was not going to look the other way and give up his rights voluntarily. He was not going to let that officer bully him just because the person was a police officer. The officer had no legal reason to stop the person, and the person knew it. By submitting to the cop he would be saying "I have no problem with you breaking the law". Instead he let the officer know he was not okay with the officer breaking the law.

I respect the job police have to do, but do not respect them when they are breaking the law. Citizens are held accountable for breaking the law even if they did not know they were breaking the law, why shouldn't the police be held to the same standards. A lot of times people have their rights trampled because they do not know the law. This person knew the law and his rights were not trampled. Nothing wrong with that. Having something to hide/not hide has nothing to do with not answering a officers questions in a stop like this.
    Last edited by internet troll; June 24th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but for some people it goes beyond having nothing to hide. In this case the officer was breaking the law he is sworn to uphold. The person in the video had nothing to hide, but was not going to look the other way and give up his rights voluntarily. He was not going to let that officer bully him just because the person was a police officer.

I respect the job police have to do, but do not respect them when they are breaking the law. Citizens are held accountable for breaking the law even if they did not know they were breaking the law, why shouldn't the police be held to the same standards. A lot of times people have their rights trampled because they do not know the law. This person knew the law and his rights were not trampled. Nothing wrong with that. Having something to hide/not hide has nothing to do with a stop like this.
    I totally agree with you unfortunately i am not that knowledgeable about the laws in pa to rattle them off as he did. i wasnt disagreeing with what he did in the video. I commend him for standing up for his rights and knowing the laws as well as he did to put him in the postion to hold his ground and be %100 confident that was he was doing was justified and legal.. I just cc to avoid these situations all together.. but again i commend him for standing up for his rights not just for himself but for all of us..

(Allegheny County)

It is ashamed he had to be put through this by the same people who are in charge of upholding the law. The problem is, they are very rarely held accountable for their actions, but I doubt his boss will say anything other than, ''ahh, don't worry, you did the right thing''This is why I don't open carry, the average citizen does not know the law and becomes alarmed, then calls the police who then have to put on a show for average Joe citizen. I wish OC would become more common place so people and LE would become more comfortable with it. I think crime stats might drop a little.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
    It is ashamed he had to be put through this by the same people who are in charge of upholding the law. The problem is, they are very rarely held accountable for their actions, but I doubt his boss will say anything other than, ''ahh, don't worry, you did the right thing''This is why I don't open carry, the average citizen does not know the law and becomes alarmed, then calls the police who then have to put on a show for average Joe citizen. I wish OC would become more common place so people and LE would become more comfortable with it. I think crime stats might drop a little.
    Seems somewhat contradictory. If you open carried, the practice would, by definition, become more commonplace.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Bucks County)

The NRA et al should give this guy a medal.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    Seems somewhat contradictory. If you open carried, the practice would, by definition, become more commonplace.
    Yea, you're right, but I'm not gonna be the one to start and don't want the aggravation of being hassled by police.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast