Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Taurus 415, .41 Mag, 2.5in

Anyone have any experience with this revolver? I'm not a huge Taurus Auto fan, but I'm ok with their revolvers. I do not own any 41's or 44's so thought I'd consider this one seeing the price is right ! I'm not looking for the ultimate carry gun, or range gun or for the best balistics, just for another fun piece to add to the collection.

Default Re: Taurus 415, .41 Mag, 2.5in

It is a good revolver. I have handled a few and shot a couple, but by no means does it make me an expert. I am a recoil freak, though, and I dig handguns that can shoot a powerful round, quickly. You can do that with this model and caliber if you use the 'Kung Foo' grip and wrist. The recoil is hostile; not breaking your elbows like a .50AE DE, hostile, but in the actual grip of the fingers and wrist. It is a quick, explosive recoil that you have to hold on to. If you don't mind that, it is a good filler, as the .41 mag cartridge was designed to be. It's a shame Taurus didn't port the barrel as it would help with the recoil and follow up shots, some. I've seen these for under $400 brand new, so it is quite a value, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind having one under my pillow.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It is a good revolver. I have handled a few and shot a couple, but by no means does it make me an expert. I am a recoil freak, though, and I dig handguns that can shoot a powerful round, quickly. You can do that with this model and caliber if you use the 'Kung Foo' grip and wrist. The recoil is hostile; not breaking your elbows like a .50AE DE, hostile, but in the actual grip of the fingers and wrist. It is a quick, explosive recoil that you have to hold on to. If you don't mind that, it is a good filler, as the .41 mag cartridge was designed to be. It's a shame Taurus didn't port the barrel as it would help with the recoil and follow up shots, some. I've seen these for under $400 brand new, so it is quite a value, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind having one under my pillow.
    Thanks for the input ! Yeah, at $375 new out the door, don't think I can resist much longer

(Jefferson County)

Buy it! Buy it NOW!

I love big bore K-frame sized guns. The 415 and it's bigger bore brother the 450 are on my to-have list.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Buy it! Buy it NOW!

I love big bore K-frame sized guns. The 415 and it's bigger bore brother the 450 are on my to-have list.
    Damn you, whenever I hear "buy it, buy it now" I do - lol. Have been buying too many as always, so put it on no fee, same as cash 90 day layaway for $375 total Time to start looking for buys on ammo! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Damn you, whenever I hear "buy it, buy it now" I do - lol. Have been buying too many as always, so put it on no fee, same as cash 90 day layaway for $375 total Time to start looking for buys on ammo! Thanks!
    .41 mag isn't the most popular round out there; this may help, in the event you haven't seen this site, before. http://ammoseek.com/?gun=handgun&cal=32

(Cumberland County)

.41 mag isn't the most popular round out there; this may help, in the event you haven't seen this site, before. http://ammoseek.com/?gun=handgun&cal=32
    Great info. on ammo, thanks ! Yeah, I don't plan on taking it to the range and popping off 100 rounds weekly so what the heck ! I'll probably shoot 100 round or so to be sure all is well, then load it with some defensive rounds and rotate it as a carry piece and/or a nightstand piece.

(Cumberland County)

I ended up paying this off yesterday so should have it soon. Buds site did not say or show that it was ported - but I just saw a M415 on Gunbroker, and it was. Anyone know if there is a 415 and a M415 41 magnum snub nose, or did Taurus only make one version of this pistol ( besides the Titanium one )? I'll know in a few days when I get mine if it's ported or not, but thought I'd throw it out therel

If you got the lightweight, titanium model, it will be ported. The all steel is not. They should have ported the steel one, as well, just like they did the Tracker. Still, it is beans to shoot; quick on the recoil, but controllable.

(Cumberland County)

If you got the lightweight, titanium model, it will be ported. The all steel is not. They should have ported the steel one, as well, just like they did the Tracker. Still, it is beans to shoot; quick on the recoil, but controllable.
    Thanks - I got the all steel. I would imagine the kick is pretty good, I can't imagine it in titanium - yowzer ! Looking foreward to getting this bad boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast