Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Hilarious encounter at Sheetz in New Castle

The day before Father's Day I went to my "Dad's" house with my girls for a cook out with grandpa Tony. He isn't my Dad, but he had a hand in raising me since I was 10 and I call him Dad, and sometimes Marine when he needs to toughen up a little bit... lol

It was hot out so I took the girls for a run to Sheetz because it was right down the road. I'm OC'ing my RIA 1911 as always. In walks a State Trooper. He stands in line behind us. No issues.

Now I have 2 girls, the oldest is 8 and the youngest just turned 5. Being little kids and sisters with attitudes, they are constantly fighting and arguing. All of a sudden while paying for my drinks I overhear the youngest say to the oldest "You'd better be good, the police are here and if you're bad he will take you to jail". I nearly died laughing. I looked back and the Trooper just has a smirk on his face and he's trying not to laugh.

I love my girls, they keep life interesting... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Hilarious encounter at Sheetz in New Castle

That was also your opportunity to explain that police don't put little kids in jail and that they are the good guys.

What's that strange sound I hear...ohhh...it is only the ignitors on the flamethrowers.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chazman321 View Post
    The day before Father's Day I went to my "Dad's" house with my girls for a cook out with grandpa Tony. He isn't my Dad, but he had a hand in raising me since I was 10 and I call him Dad, and sometimes Marine when he needs to toughen up a little bit... lol

It was hot out so I took the girls for a run to Sheetz because it was right down the road. I'm OC'ing my RIA 1911 as always. In walks a State Trooper. He stands in line behind us. No issues.

Now I have 2 girls, the oldest is 8 and the youngest just turned 5. Being little kids and sisters with attitudes, they are constantly fighting and arguing. All of a sudden while paying for my drinks I overhear the youngest say to the oldest "You'd better be good, the police are here and if you're bad he will take you to jail". I nearly died laughing. I looked back and the Trooper just has a smirk on his face and he's trying not to laugh.

I love my girls, they keep life interesting... lol

-Chaz
    Which Sheetz, 422 or 18? I know there some OCers in this area, so I keep my eyes peeled for you guys, so I can say hello. But I haven't seen anyone yet.

Nice story, thanks for sharing. My daughter is only 2, so the only thing she may have done would be to point at the Trooper's gun and say, "HOT!" like she is trying to warn him.
    ~ All Knowledge Is Worth Having ~

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    Which Sheetz, 422 or 18? I know there some OCers in this area, so I keep my eyes peeled for you guys, so I can say hello. But I haven't seen anyone yet.

Nice story, thanks for sharing. My daughter is only 2, so the only thing she may have done would be to point at the Trooper's gun and say, "HOT!" like she is trying to warn him.
    18. sometimes the 7-11 on Highland while waiting for the gf to get off of work at midnight...

-Chaz

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by capitolcop View Post
    That was also your opportunity to explain that police don't put little kids in jail and that they are the good guys.

What's that strange sound I hear...ohhh...it is only the ignitors on the flamethrowers.
    Sometimes they are the good guys. And anyone that would make a big deal out of words from a 5 year old's mouth, either needs laid or euthanized... She was telling her sister to be good, not saying someone touched her in a bad place. I will let her believe what she wants to until the time is right. That's called parenting.

And you must've missed the 6 year old arrested and handcuffed.

-Chaz
    Last edited by Chazman321; June 21st, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

(Mercer County)

Trooper Deccesarey(I don't know how to spell it but it's pronounced Da-chez-a-ray) at the barracks right down the road is pretty clueless when it comes to OC. When I was 18 I was riding around with some friends in Neshannock when the topic of OC came up. I told them that OC was legal at 18.

They disagreed, and suggested we stop at the barracks and ask. We went in and asked the Trooper sitting at the window, he said said he wasn't sure and went to get a book to look it up. While he was doing that Deccesarey came out and asked what our question was. The first trooper told him, and Deccesarey responded that you have to be 21 to carry a handgun in any way shape or form. He told us that the only way you could carry at 18 was if you were a State Trooper. I responded that it was odd that you could carry at 18 if you were a Trooper, considering that you have to be at least 21 to become PSP. He just stared at me, and I could smell his brain cells frying.

It was on that day that I discovered that the police are the LAST people you want to ask about legal matters.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; June 21st, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by capitolcop View Post
    Rep for making me laugh

on a note related to the OP - Thats what I call a great encounter. NOTHING said about the gun and the trooper even smiled. Rep inbound.