Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Help: Pm9 vs cw9.....which should I keep?

I've found myself owning both of these excellent pistols. The Pm is great for pocket carry and with the 7rd extended mag it's comfortable in my hands, but I've also found myself really liking the size of the Cw9. The CW seems to fit my hand perfectly but is slightly less concealable.

I know this is a matter of personal preference for most, but I'm interested in which you would choose and why.

Default Re: Help: Pm9 vs cw9.....which should I keep?

Keep the one you could fight with the best.
    Last edited by harold63; June 22nd, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

if i recall from when i had a cw9, they hold 7 with stock mags so really your losing nothing and gaining or should i say keeping the ability to stuff a stubby 6 rounder in the pm which you cant with the cw. if i had to get rid of one, it would be the cw because in my experience, a kahr shoots like a kahr regardless of model, caliber, high end p series, low end c series, polymer, steel, long, short, little mags, little bit bigger mags, they are all accurate as 300 mother fuckers and they all have the same perfect dao trigger. so assuming you have a normal size carry gun id keep the pm if i were in your shoes( more options) but in a perfect world id keep both and get one of each in .40 and .45 so it is what it is, i guess. its on your shoulders bro, only you can tell whats right for you.

(York County)

I own both a CW9 and a CM9 and plan on keeping both. I bought the CW first(loved it), and then the CM the very first day they came out for sale.
    I considered selling the CW after getting the CM, BUT like it way too much to sell it, like you I also think the CW9 feels and points perfectly and mine has functioned 100% since new.Why would I get rid of a gun like that??? I use my CW9 for IWB carry and pocket or IWB carry the CM9.

That said, if you must sell one...
    YOU have to know which you use more. How/where do you mostly carry a gun if you say pocket the the PM is the obvious gun to keep as it is the best for that. If IWB or OWB is your thing then either will work well, but IMO the CW has the slight edge for that type of carry.

The CW9 is the easier gun to grab/draw and shoot with its full grip. It also has a longer sight radius and a longer barrel. And carries 1 extra round in the standard mag 7rds vs. 6rds. for the PM.

The PM/CM size Kahr using the standard 6rd mag, is the easier gun to conceal, and can be carried in more ways comfortably with slightly less printing.
    So if you can only keep one I guess I would tell you to keep the PM9.

Hard choice to make, both are great guns.
    Last edited by Beardog; June 21st, 2012 at 11:21 AM.

I would keep the PM9. You can't get much smaller in 9mm.
    With the pinky grip added the grip is fine for most hands.

(York County)

I've owned a PM9 and can tell you get rid of it and buy a Ruger sr9c much better gun and a hell of a lot less expensive........................I did,haven't looked back..........................Dave

(Fayette County)

My vote goes to the PM9. If it were my choice, I'd keep the PM9, although *both* of those are very nice choices!

The CW9 may be more comfortable; however, is there any scenario where you might find yourself only willing/able to carry the PM9? I think you should pick the one that you will be more inclined to have with you or on you at all times.

My $0.02

(Bucks County)

What did you buy them for? I bought my PM9 for situations where deep concealment was important, especially for my 5'8'' 150 lb frame.

My primary carry is a M&P9c.

So for me, the CW9 would be the worse choice to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    they are all accurate as 300 mother fuckers
    That's pretty accurate...
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I have the pm9. Never even considered buying a different kahr 9mm.

Now, I'm having trouble not going out and buying a pps, or a shield, but I haven't even done that yet.

I've had the pm9 for a while, can't tell ya how many rounds through it for sure, but it's been 100% since new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast