Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default My girlfriend robbed at gunpoint / pistol whipped

last week on june 5th my girlfriend was on her way home to downtown houston when she stopped near the University of Houston to fill up the car with gas at around 2:30pm in broad daylight with several witnesses at the station and nearby. when she exited the car a black male about 6'0" 200 lbs wearing a beater and gym shorts approached her from a truck parked nearby and asked her for her name. She politely responded that she did not know him and would not give him her name. He continued to ask her for her name and she continued to politely refuse until the man finally walked away and she walked inside the station to pre-pay for gas. she came back out and began pumping gas, wearing her coach purse over one arm. the man came back over to her and again began asking her for her name, and she again politely began refusing and asking him to please leave her alone. all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the man punched her in the side of the head, knocking her back. He kept hitting her and started grabbing for her purse. she fought back at the man while holding on to the purse strap. the man then pulled out a black semi-auto pistol and pistol whipped her in the head with it, knocking her down. the man leaned over her and continued to hit her and grab at her purse as she kicked back at him, causing him to drop his gun next to her but he grabbed it again before she could do anything. the struggle continued for a few seconds until the purse strap broke and the man ran with the purse back towards the truck. He was intercepted by a gas station worker who had witnessed the attack and tried to stop him but the man pistol whipped him in the face and jumped back in the truck where an older woman in the driver seat drove him away.

The police and ambulance were called and the gas station worker was taken to the hospital for stitches. My girlfriend was bruised up but not hospitalized. The police have footage of the man attacking my girlfriend as well as of the woman driver when she had previously gone inside the station to buy something. additionally, during the attacks, the suspect dropped his cell phone which detectives are currently investigating to get his identity.

My girlfriend was unarmed (no CHL) but for a pocket knife in her purse which she never touched. She loves shooting and is now almost certainly going to get her CHL. (the only reason she doesnt have it yet is because she is new to guns/shooting) I just wish I had been there or that one of the witnesses had been armed.

My family is very anti-carry, always using the "we have never known anyone that has ever been victimized, it won't ever happen to us" bullshit excuse. Needless to say I called them immediately and slammed them for it. This is just another example that this shit can happen to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Even broad daylight at 2:30pm on a tuesday surrounded by witnesses. Carry EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. You just don't know.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: My girlfriend robbed at gunpoint / pistol whipped

That's crazy but thankfully she's alright without serious injuries. Definite reminder that crime happens under all circumstances.

Sorry to hear. I hope she is well.

Lots of animals out there.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. I hope they catch that POS.

(Allegheny County)

Wow, glad she is ok and got through it with just some bruises, could have been alot worse.

I am also for carry everywhere all the time, this is just one example showing you never know where or when something will happen.

(Berks County)

I'm glad to hear that your girlfriend escaped with no serious injuries. I was just curious what the reaction/tone was of her family after you berated them. Were they at least receptive to the argument of carrying now that their daughter has been victimized or were they still adamant anti-carry?

(Delaware County)

Glad to hear she is OK as well.

That scumbag attacker will get his sooner or later.

Just thinking out loud here, but had she had a pistol in her purse or waistband do you think she would have had an opportunity to draw/use it in this situation?

MrR

(Bucks County)

Wow! I'm glad she wasn't injured any worse than she was! Very glad the station guy tried to help.

How awful..... I guess this would also be a good argument against carry handbags (which I currently use sometimes) since the only way she would have been able to access her gun is if it were on her.

On the other hand, if you're being attacked, its difficult to draw anyway....
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Montgomery County)

Every one should show this to anyone that is opposed to conceal carry! Just glad she all right.

(Centre County)

Thoughts are with you and her - and yours at this sucky time.

DO NOT hesitate to suggest to her getting help if this messes with her.

Take care you two

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast