Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default [Harrisburg] West Shore Sportsman Association

This is a great club to join. Just outside Harrisburg, it has 9 outdoor ranges open 8:00am to sunset and an indoor pistol/.22 cal rifle/ archery open 7:00am to 11:00pm. dues are $55 per year with a $10 initiation fee.

new site
    Last edited by Lee-online; October 31st, 2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: new web site

(Berks County)

No full auto outdoors though, correct?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife
    No full auto outdoors though, correct?
    Range rules,
    section 6.

No fully automatic firearm is allowed on any range, except by Law Enforcement, or with special permission from the board of directors.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online
    Range rules,
    section 6.

No fully automatic firearm is allowed on any range, except by Law Enforcement, or with special permission from the board of directors because everyone knows automatic weapons seek out and kill babies, old women, and puppies.
    I can understand when ranges do not allow automatic weapons because of neighbors, but they let police use them so what are they afraid of? If they don't trust their members to use automatic weapons why do they trust them to use any weapon?
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

How can you understand why they don't allow full auto weapons, yet they will allow a shotguns, and 50 BMGs? Yeah, pissing off the neighbors is a concern. It is just more pinko B.S.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife
    How can you understand why they don't allow full auto weapons, yet they will allow a shotguns, and 50 BMGs? Yeah, pissing off the neighbors is a concern. It is just more pinko B.S.
    I can understand the idea that maybe some ranges have deals with the neighbors that they won't allow automatic weapons. I think it's lame but I can understand it.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

I'm not sure why they don't allow full autos. i know the police use the ranges to qualify and the neighborhood doesn't like the noise after sunset. i will find out if and why they don't allow autos. the rules are from 2004 and may need updated.

(York County)

Default Re: [Harrisburg] West Shore Sportsman Association

The club finally updated their website. actually, they have a new one.

Click here for link

check out the site and look at the pics. its a good club to join and has a lot to offer for a very small fee.

(Berks County)

I just emailed them, since I am currently attending Widener Law School, inquiring as to what is necessary to be approved for full auto fire. Their new site doesn't speak to the issue.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    I'm not sure why they don't allow full autos. i know the police use the ranges to qualify and the neighborhood doesn't like the noise after sunset. i will find out if and why they don't allow autos. the rules are from 2004 and may need updated.

The entire Constitution and bylaws will be re-written shortly - it was decided that this update would be tabled until after 1/1/07 when the newly elected board of directors take their new positions.

There ARE neighbor complaints about noise - a LOT. Personally, I think that .50 is more of a noise problem than full auto (assuming no Ma Deuce <g>).

I was elected to the board the other night and we *will* revisit the full-auto issue in the new year. I'm certainly not saying that it'll be allowed, but it will be re-visited.

We're also looking at the issues involving re-allowing non magnum jacketed handgun ammo to be used on the indoor range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast