Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default M&P's on sale at Palmetto State Armory

(Delaware County)

Default Re: M&P's on sale at Palmetto State Armory

It is a great price. Tanners in Bucks County got a special shipment of the M&Ps for $425. Consider transfer fee and shipping on one side for Palmetto State and the Pa. sales tax on the side of Tanners, it is about a wash.

Irregardless, I have to wonder if they are ready to release large quantities of the M&P Pros? By the same token, you may see great deals on the Sigma line being that Smith reduced the price of the SD line, MSRP is $10. more for the latter.
    Don't be surprised if the sigma is replaced with the SDs and the M&P gets replaced by the Pro Line. Smith and Wesson is certainly not beyond dropping model lines.

(Cumberland County)

Awww no .45's?

I was just out looking at M&P's, thinking of getting rid of my USP .45

Think I may end up keeping it and just adding an M&P to the collection, but I'll have to wait.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    Awww no .45's?

I was just out looking at M&P's, thinking of getting rid of my USP .45

Think I may end up keeping it and just adding an M&P to the collection, but I'll have to wait.
    M&P45s have always been at a higher price point than the 9's and 40's. I've never seen an M&P45 that was priced the same as a 9 or 40.

That being said, the M&P45s are my favorite polymer 45. I have all 3 sizes of them; the compact, mid-size and full-size. The compact is my carry gun, I recently got the mid-size and am going to use it for steel plate competitions, and the full-size is my nightstand gun and has a Streamlight TLR-1 attached.

I love my M&P9 as well, I have been looking for a 5" Pro 9mm for the last month and have had no luck.

(Allegheny County)

That is $100 less that what I paid for mine a year ago that was a good price for a new firearm.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

The Walther 380 was priced nice too.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    It is a great price. Tanners in Bucks County got a special shipment of the M&Ps for $425. Consider transfer fee and shipping on one side for Palmetto State and the Pa. sales tax on the side of Tanners, it is about a wash.

Irregardless, I have to wonder if they are ready to release large quantities of the M&P Pros? By the same token, you may see great deals on the Sigma line being that Smith reduced the price of the SD line, MSRP is $10. more for the latter.
    Don't be surprised if the sigma is replaced with the SDs and the M&P gets replaced by the Pro Line. Smith and Wesson is certainly not beyond dropping model lines.
    Have to agree with this thought process, I've seen the same deal with electronics. Just before the latest and greatest version of something hits the market, you see a big sale on the currently available version. Stores blow the "older" stuff out at a "great deal" and make room on the shelves for the new version.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    Have to agree with this thought process, I've seen the same deal with electronics. Just before the latest and greatest version of something hits the market, you see a big sale on the currently available version. Stores blow the "older" stuff out at a "great deal" and make room on the shelves for the new version.
    This may be true, but an M&P9/40 for the price of a Shield is pretty awesome.

Here's something about which I'm confused. If you click on any of the M&Ps, in the URL it says "and blackhawk serpa holster"

for example:

(clipped)/firearms/gun-sale/smith-and-wesson-m-p-40-cal-compact-and-blackhawk-serpa-hoster.html

I wasn't aware that any M&P pistols came with those. Anyone have any insight on this?
    Last edited by 41800216; June 5th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41800216 View Post
    This may be true, but an M&P9/40 for the price of a Shield is pretty awesome.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by 41800216 View Post
    Here's something about which I'm confused. If you click on any of the M&Ps, in the URL it says "and blackhawk serpa holster"

for example:

(clipped)/firearms/gun-sale/smith-and-wesson-m-p-40-cal-compact-and-blackhawk-serpa-hoster.html

I wasn't aware that any M&P pistols came with those. Anyone have any insight on this?
    That is intersting, I hadn't even noticed it in the browser address when I was on their site. If that price included the holster, I'd be even more excited. I would like to see them (S&W) follow Springfield in regards to packages. I like that when you buy an XD you get the extra mags/holsters all included.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Damn I paid $490 for mine last October and that was the lowest price around.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast