Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Drexell University in Philly...

I have to take my wife to Drexel University in Phiadelphia sometime next week. Does anybody know what their policies are for firearms. I always CC but I print with the summer t-shirts. I don't like the idea of not carrying to Philly but I don't want to get caught breaking campus laws especially in Philly. If anybody knows the colleges carry policy I would greatly appreciate it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Drexell University in Philly...

Weapons Policy

No student, faculty, staff or visitor shall keep, use, possess, display or transport any rifles, shotguns, handguns, pellet or BB guns, dangerous knives, billy clubs, makeshift weapons, martial arts weapons, or any other lethal or dangerous devices capable of casting a projectile by air, gas, explosion, or mechanical means on any property or in any building owned or operated by the University, or in any vehicle on campus. The only exception to this policy pertains to the Drexel University Police Department and other recognized law enforcement officials. Realistic facsimiles of weapons are also specifically not allowed.

The Drexel Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) is authorized to store, transport in a secured manner, and use firearms only in designated areas approved by the ROTC program when performing functions associated with their official duties
    http://drexel.edu/publicsafety/police/policing/#WP
    IANAL

(York County)

Thanks Tl 3237 for the quick response. I was looking at their website but wasn't finding what I was looking for. That answers my question.

i suggest a smaller gun if youre worried about printing... :P

Weapons Policy

No student, faculty, staff or visitor shall keep, use, possess, display or transport any rifles, shotguns, handguns, pellet or BB guns, dangerous knives, billy clubs, makeshift weapons, martial arts weapons, or any other lethal or dangerous devices capable of casting a projectile by air, gas, explosion, or mechanical means on any property or in any building owned or operated by the University, or in any vehicle on campus.

Hmmm, they appear to have left fire breathing Godzilla monsters out of their policy.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Weapons Policy

No student, faculty, staff or visitor shall keep, use, possess, display or transport any rifles, shotguns, handguns, pellet or BB guns, dangerous knives, billy clubs, makeshift weapons, martial arts weapons, or any other lethal or dangerous devices capable of casting a projectile by air, gas, explosion, or mechanical means on any property or in any building owned or operated by the University, or in any vehicle on campus.

Hmmm, they appear to have left fire breathing Godzilla monsters out of their policy.
    They also seem to have forgot "criminal." I wonder if the criminal element researches whether or not they can carry a gun onto Drexel's campus...

(Lehigh County)

My Daughter is at Temple not too far from Drexell and I CC my Kimber every time I went there, either pick her up or drop her off or helping her moving in/out right in campus, get inside her building to her room etc... I have no problem what so ever, conceal is conceal, no one needs to know even with my wife.

(Northampton County)

What about the rifle range on the roof of the building I watched the Prime Minister of China walk into 15 years ago? What about the Ballistics Impact Research Lab on the first floor of that building?

Let me guess...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post
    I don't want to get caught breaking campus laws....

It's POLICY - NOT A LAW!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Hunter View Post
    I have to take my wife to Drexel University in Phiadelphia sometime next week. Does anybody know what their policies are for firearms. I always CC but I print with the summer t-shirts. I don't like the idea of not carrying to Philly but I don't want to get caught breaking campus laws especially in Philly. If anybody knows the colleges carry policy I would greatly appreciate it.
    I work down that area, I'm not suggesting you break any laws. It is safe. there's security everywhere. between the drexel cops and foot patrol, you're safer than you are in a lot of the city.

BUT,
    I'll be damn if company policy will prevent me from being able to take care of myself and my family.

I look at as legal ease "covering there *ss", and that's fine, they cover theres and I'll cover mine.

Kinda simple.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast