Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Stories of CC/OC on SEPTA

I've seen threads on the legality of carrying on SEPTA, but none that have highlighted any personal experiences while actually carrying.

Anyone have any stories from CC/OC on SEPTA? I take Regional Rail to work in the city every day, and carry semi-regularly, especially if there's a chance I'll need to work late or want to take something other than Regional Rail when I'm in the city. In fact, one of my reasons for finally getting a LTCF was the fact that the first time I took the Norristown High Speed Line/Market Frankford Line combo to get in to the city instead of Regional Rail, I was very much wishing I had it while I was waiting in 69th Street Station. Even outside of the shadier parts of the MFL/BSL, I for one have been glad I've been carrying when I've been waiting for RR trains in the city, especially at Market East, which tends to be covered up with bums, druggies and other disreputable sorts after dark. So much for the SEPTA PD doing anything proactive to protect riders. And after reading Soberbyker's post where the SEPTA PD replied stating that they preferred riders not carry, I admit that I'm mildly worried about harassment from them if they ever see me printing.

That being said, no one has noticed me printing with my S&W Model 36 in a pocket holster while dressed in business attire (yet), but I'm curious as to the experiences of other people when riding the trains, trolleys, subways or buses. Any stories/advice/warnings/etc.?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Stories of CC/OC on SEPTA

I recommend keeping it concealed if you get off the train in 30th st. Station. (old and long story) Other than that no issues riding regional rails.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Montgomery County)

It's been a while since I OCed on a SEPTA bus but the times I did, I had no problems.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Montgomery County)

I would stay out of 30th st station with a firearm since it is owned by Amtrack which is owned by the Federal Government.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Pike County)

I ride on SEPTA and CC every time. There's pretty much nothing, than I can add to it.

Oh, and did anyone mention to stay away from the 30th street station, since it belongs to feds thus off-limits?
    Je suis déplorable

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    I ride on SEPTA and CC every time. There's pretty much nothing, than I can add to it.

Oh, and did anyone mention to stay away from the 30th street station, since it belongs to feds thus off-limits?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    I would stay out of 30th st station with a firearm since it is owned by Amtrack which is owned by the Federal Government.
    FWIW Amtrak is a private corporation under 49 USC 24301. As such 30th street station would be private property and their having a no firearms policy is enforceable under the Pa trespass statute (18 Pa CS 3503) - initially as a summary offense. It is not Federal property.
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

I'm pretty sure it only applies to Amtrak Trains at 30th St. I had considered carrying on an Amtrak train up to Lancaster, but went against it. Sometimes they make you check bags.

But, if I'm getting on/off Regional rail, the fuck does it matter?

"Sir, you can't get on our train with that."
    "I'm not. Goodbye."

"Sir, you have to leave the station."
    "Was already leaving."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by volanova View Post
    ...but I'm curious as to the experiences of other people when riding the trains, trolleys, subways or buses. Any stories/advice/warnings/etc.?
    FWIW, I've ridden the West Trenton line numerous times without a problem while CC.

Bill

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    I recommend keeping it concealed if you get off the train in 30th st. Station. (old and long story) Other than that no issues riding regional rails.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/269...ion-phila.html

Ive ridden the r6 i think it was called to and from Norritown and Philly...and also from Philly to the Airport while carrying openly. I had a GA license(reciprocity) no one said anything but a couple college kids and i think i surprised them with my accent when i started speaking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast