Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SD9VE SD40VE

(Delaware County)

Default SD9VE SD40VE

Newly introduced stainless SD9 SD40 with MSRP of $379

Apparently taking the place of the sigma....Hopefully the stock trigger is better..... Wondering if many parts will be the same including magazine.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: SD9VE SD40VE

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Newly introduced stainless SD9 SD40 with MSRP of $379

Apparently taking the place of the sigma....Hopefully the stock trigger is better..... Wondering if many parts will be the same including magazine.
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w..._757752_757751

This is a step in the right direction. But sounds like its the Sigma trigger and not the slightly better SD trigger. But at least you can get a firearm with a standard rail at the Sigma's price. I had a sigma and the propitiatory rail was a bigger issue for me than the trigger.
    Last edited by QuackXP; June 1st, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w..._757752_757751

This is a step in the right direction. But sounds like its the Sigma trigger and not the slightly better SD trigger. But at least you can get a firearm with a standard rail at the Sigma's price. I had a sigma and the propitiatory rail was a bigger issue for me than the trigger.
    I was just concerned over the demise of the sigma, being I have two in both calibers...Me, I'm not concerned over the rail and I changed out the striker springs with ones from Wolf Springs. Improvement by at least 3 lbs. in the trigger pull.

(Northampton County)

I'm sure the sigmas and parts for them will still be available for awhile. I still see them selling new and the sd has been out for awhile now. No problems with my sigma trigger doesnt bother me (although it is long). I have over a thousands rouns through mine no type of failures, besides one stovepipe when my friend shot it for the first time.(he blamed the trigger) lol

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lhowland.40 View Post
    I'm sure the sigmas and parts for them will still be available for awhile. I still see them selling new and the sd has been out for awhile now. No problems with my sigma trigger doesnt bother me (although it is long). I have over a thousands rouns through mine no type of failures, besides one stovepipe when my friend shot it for the first time.(he blamed the trigger) lol
    Yes that trigger gets blamed for everything! The SDs have been around for a while, but the price has been dropped to only $10. more than the sigma. If the SDs are in any way better than the sigma, it will be only a matter of time before the sigma is dropped.

(Monroe County)

S&W sigmas are good guns for personal defense - night stand piece but terrible range gun. The trigger pull is the culprit for my issues. It was just too heavy! I traded mine for a glock- a better range gun.