This was placed on my thread (called,"New to concealed carry"). I just thought I would post it out in the open here.

Hello All,
Thanks for Google. I'm finding your forum very interesting. As a retired federal agent and planning to travel throughout the Good Ole U S of A in a couple of months on vacation, I figured what better place to pose questions which will undoubtedly be answered by you all.
I recently qualified under the State of Maine's board approved course of fire, using my Sig Sauer P239. I am now awaiting the issuance of the permit by the Board of Trustees of the Maine Criminal Justice Academy. This certificate reflects that I meet the law enforcement firearms qualification standard established by the State of Maine. (This procedure has been established after President Bush signed into law, the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004).
As many of us retired law enforcement officers in Maine have realized, it has been extremely difficult, until recently to have the means to lawfully qualify and carry concealed anywhere within the United States.
As an example of how various state authorities interpret this "....Act of 2004", I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any mention in the PA concealed carry regarding this law. (My apologies, if I missed it.) I read with interest the "reciprocity" section, but that would seem to be a moot issue under my situation. Have any of you, with their permit issued under the U.S. Law, had any experiences in your travels outside their own state?
Again, I am enjoying your forum and look forward to any words of wisdom.
Best regards,
Bob Gowell