Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Stuck hull

Default Stuck hull

So I brought home my 930 the other week. 50rds through it + about 15 tonight before a hull got stuck in the chamber. It was cycling perfect before this. Ammo was Win Super Speed Xtra, 12G, 2-3/4", 1350fps, 7-1/2 shot. Obviously not the best. One of the cheapest on the shelves at Wal-Mart. I'd imagine theres worse though.

So, like the thread title says, a spent hull got stuck/didnt extract. It tried to feed the next round from the mag tube which was a pain in the ass malfuction to clear. The bolt was forward and the next round was between the bolt and the elevator. I couldnt get my finger or thumb in there to push the round back into the mag tube, requiring a screwdriver to get in there and push it front far enough to get back in the mag tube.

Once it was back in, I could not rack the charging handle to try to clear the stuck hull. I tried, wouldnt budge, put a little more muscle into it and.. Rack, action gos back and the extractor rips a hunk out of the rim of the case/hull. Well now its really stuck.

I pack up my shit and head home quite unhappy. Stopped at Home Depot on the way home for a dowel and out it came with 2-3 light taps. No big deal, its out and after looking the gun over, all seems well. Had this been an HD situation I'da had a club. I know theres only about 65rds through it at this point and it has not earned HD duty yet. Thats still held by the pistol, although I'd like to be able to rely on the 930 at some point once it breaks in a little more and proves itself.

So, what gives? Have many of you seen this before. At this point I'm chalking it up to the ammo. Obviously it was only range stuff and I'd imagine it would perform better with some higher qaulity ammo.

What say you guys? Ideas welcome.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Stuck hull

Call and email the shop and the manufacturer. Way early for this misery to occur. And this never happens when you have a dowel with you-karma thing.

Good luck,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Stuck hull

How's the metal finish in the chamber? Tool marks or swirlies? It might need some polishing, either by you or the manufacturer.