Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Muzzle swept the other day while reprimanded for how I carry...

So it's been a while since this happened (week or so) but I figured I'd post this up if for no other reasons than just to post it up.

The other day I was helping out setting up some stuff at a park and I was OCing my Browning Hi Power with one in the chamber, hammer cocked, and safety engaged as I always do.

One of the people I know who was also helping came up to me and the following ensued:

Him: "Is that hammer back on a live round?"

Me: "Of course, this is a single action."

Him: "That isn't safe like that. it could just go off."

Me: "A firearm will not go off just the same as a car wont just start driving. If I had the hammer down on a live round that would be less safe and if I had no round chambered I might as well just carry a brick."

Him: "You should just get a double-action like this." *proceeds to pull his gun out of his pocket (finger off trigger thank God) and sweeps the muzzle across my chest area direction.*

Me: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

Him: "Showing you my gun and how I carry! It's safer this way!" *Shows how the hammer is down and begins trying to explain all he needs to do is pull the trigger to engage. I cut him off mid sentence.

Me: "You just swept the barrel of that gun across me and even beside that, you just pulled a gun out of your pants in a public park! What in the hell is wrong with you?"

Him: *flustered* "I just think the way you carry is unsafe."

At this point I walked away and finished what I was doing and left.

Feel free to discuss and/or tell your story of stupid people.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Muzzle swept the other day while reprimanded for how I carry...

Similar thing happened to me. Guy told me that I was crazy for carrying a round in the chamber. Shortly thereafter, the same guy pulled a Glock out of his pocket (with NO holster) and proceeded to muzzle sweep me and my friend.

I said, "just because you think your chamber is empty, doesn't mean you can be careless with your gun."

(Bucks County)

OK.. serious dickbag move. Lecturing you on what is safe only to completely contradict himself by muzzle-sweeping you and taking his gun out of concealment in public.

Even if he was OC, there was no need to unholster. Did he think you have no idea what a DA pistol is?

Total moron. I hope you no longer associate with him as he's the one that's unsafe.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post
    if I had no round chambered I might as well just carry a brick
    Practice some racking. That will help you to lose that "brick" feeling
    Je suis déplorable

(Perry County)

There are more than a few people that think their lifelong opinions and way of doing things are the only way. I've never understood the mentality of people that wanted to come up to me and tell me what I'm doing wrong unless I've asked/hired them to do so.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Practice some racking. That will help you to lose that "brick" feeling
    It is possible to train to be faster bringing an unloaded firearm to a loaded state and aiming, however it will always be faster to train to bring a loaded firearm to the ready to fire in my opinion.

I've always trained as if it is a loaded firearm so I figure why rock the boat anyways

(Monroe County)

What a tool? Why do Amateurs somehow think that a Gun is somehow safer out of its holster than it is holstered? This goes for Cops too who feels they must "inspect" your gun after a traffic stop.

Remember some years ago the cop who who accidentallly shot himself in the chest while inspecting a gun in his cruiser?

Why people just cant accept that a Gun is perfectly safe where it is?

Know a couple of people who would of kicked the piss outa that idiot...
    No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

(Bucks County)

Look at the bright side: Your quest for a working definition of the word "asshat" is now complete.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    There are more than a few people that think their lifelong opinions and way of doing things are the only way. I've never understood the mentality of people that wanted to come up to me and tell me what I'm doing wrong unless I've asked/hired them to do so.
    Exactly.... to me, it seems that about half the country wants to dictate the lives of the other half. It's even more surprising to me when we're talking about gun owners. But I've learned that there are lots of pussyfied gun owners who want to force their version of "correctness" on everyone else.

OP, I'm surprised the guy didn't tell you that OC ruins it for everyone and that you'll be the first to be shot carrying that way.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast