Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Arizona - newest reciprocity state Feb 19, 2008

Got the following email from Kim Stolfer.

I am look forward to personallythanking Tom Corbett at the ACSL banquet, for he has gotten more agreements than the last several Attorney General did or bother to try to. You also can have the chance to thank him on Sat March 8

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-1...l-banquet.html

Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett announced yesterday that Pennsylvania has entered into a new reciprocity agreement with Arizona to promote the lawful carrying of concealed firearms

Yesterday, February 19, Attorney General Tom Corbett announced that his office has successfully negotiated a reciprocity agreement with Arizona that provides for the mutual recognition of each state's licenses to carry concealed firearms. This agreement comes on the heels of the much-anticipated agreement just months ago with West Virginia and is part of a remarkable string of successes of the office of Attorney General in negotiating these agreements throughout the United States.

The Allegheny County Sportsmen's League, the Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association, and the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association have been working with members of the attorney general's staff since last August (2007) on this particular agreement along with several others. We've also been communicating with representatives of the Arizona grassroots gun owners groups to show a mutual desire in both states to enter into an agreement.

On behalf of The Allegheny County Sportsmen's League and the organizations listed above I would like to commend the Attorney General for his diligence and determination in pursuing these agreements. These agreements contribute significantly to the safety and security of citizens in each state and in fact there are recorded instances of self-defense situations arising just weeks after some of these agreements.

Attorney General Tom Corbett will be appearing as a guest speaker at the Allegheny County sportsmen's league's annual banquet and gun owners are encouraged to attend this banquet so that they can personally thank the Attorney General for his support of our rights and freedoms. Anyone interested in attending this banquet can contact Mike Maranche, president of the Allegheny County sportsmen's league, for additional details and tickets.

http://acslpa.org/

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Arizona - newest reciprocity state Feb 19, 2008

Wow, if this keeps going on much longer, the PA licence will be as close to a nation one as you could get

(Chester County)

very nice!! Now we just need to get NJ,MD,NY and DE and I would be happy

(Adams County)

I thought we had Arizona Reciprocity in Sept '06? Or did they just honor it then?
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveXD View Post
    very nice!! Now we just need to get NJ,MD,NY and DE and I would be happy
    And OH....

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I thought we had Arizona Reciprocity in Sept '06? Or did they just honor it then?
    AZ honors all by their own law('06 or '07), an agreement was pending though for quite some time. This just allows AZ carriers the benefit of PA coverage. ...sorta like Indiana's statutory reciprocal coverage being made a week or two ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

A.G. Corbett is a good guy. He's going after the bad guys in Philly (since Philly can't seem to do it on their own), he's negotiated a record number of reciprocity agreements and he performed admirably at a recent House of Representatives Appropriations Committee hearing. I watched it on PCN, the Democrats were trying to get him to bite on HB 29 - criminal penalties for failing to report a gun lost or stolen. He explained that he had constitutional concerns as well as concerns about imposing penalties on a gunowner who stored guns at a hunting camp and might be unaware they had been stolen. We need to make sure he's re-elected by a landslide in this election cycle!

(Jefferson County)

I agree... AG Corbett will have my vote the next time, well unless an even more pro-gun guy/gal comes around. ...which I highly doubt.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Susquehanna County)

You can Thank him for all his work on getting us reciprocity agreements with all the states he has.

Ask him about NY,NJ,Del and MD what he can do about these states ??

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    You can Thank him for all his work on getting us reciprocity agreements with all the states he has.

Ask him about NY,NJ,Del and MD what he can do about these states ??
    If he can work miracles with those states he might as well throw in OH too.
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast