Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Hook

(Delaware County)

Cool Marcus Hook

I had a small incident at my home in Marcus Hook with 2 of the officers. Im not gonna get into detals but i had my XDM concealed and was talkin with officers INSIDE my house and went to reach for something for one of the kids and they barely saw it. I ended up slammed into the wall making a hole and they were screaming at me that i am required by law to inform them anytime i had a gun on me. I was 99% sure that was not true and tryed to explain myself but they just kept telling me i was wrong. So i made a few phone calls. #1 was my cousin who is a Tinicum Township Officer of 8 years, #2 was my uncle who is a retired Detective from Brookhaven that was an officer for 23 years and a detective for 11, #3 was a very good friend who is Deputy Sheriff for 3 years, and #4 was the Sheriffs office. All 4 of them confirmed to me there is no law requiring me to inform them at BUT it is known as a common courtesy.

So after i had all that info i emailed the Cheif of Marcus Hook police explaining my situation and asked if he knew of a law or could find one and if not if he could please have his officers better informed about the laws of carrying firearms. It took him a few days to get back to me due to him being out on vacation but he did. He came by my house to speak with me but i was out so he returned an email to me.

I ended up going to his office and had a long talk with him. I was expecting a long thing about how im wrong and his officers are right and blah blah blah. Well i was wrong. We had a great talk and are in agreement about alot of things with people carrying firearms. He also agreed with my that there is no law requiring soeone to inform an officer and said that the 2 officers were wrong in what they did. I let him know I just want them informed on the actual law and not what they want the law to be.

Just so everyone on here knows the Marcus Hook Police Dept is Pro citizens carrying firearms. They are not Pro open carry BUT do not start a bunch of crap as long as your legal.

The Chief is a great guy and him and myself both agree that there should be some kind of requirements to be allowed to carry a firearm instead of just buy a firearm and just start open carrying it or carry it with your LTCF. Right now just anyone who may only know what they were shown in a gun shop can carry a firearm. Where we both feel that you should have to show that you can safely use a firearm before being allowed to carry one in public for defense.
    Last edited by Retaks; May 18th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Marcus Hook

That's F'd up. You got roughed up by 2 cops in your own house and all you got was a meeting? That's insane.

How can Marcus Hook be pro-CC & not OC? It's not up to them to make their own laws. Maybe they should spend more time learning the law.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 76mark View Post
    That's F'd up. You got roughed up by 2 cops in your own house and all you got was a meeting? That's insane.

How can Marcus Hook be pro-CC & not OC? It's not up to them to make their own laws. Maybe they should spend more time learning the law.
    They just dont like OC. They will allow it without hassel but they would just prefer CC.
    Last edited by Retaks; May 18th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
    They just dont like OC. They will allow it they would just prefer CC.
    Oh will they now? How nice of them to allow me to do something afforded to me by the Bill of Rights.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BKling View Post
    Oh will they now? How nice of them to allow me to do something afforded to me by the Bill of Rights.
    By allow it i ment allow it without the hassel some of the other places give you. IM going to fix that post.

(Bucks County)

I think it's rather nice of the Chief to have paid you a personal visit, sent an email, and granted you an audience where he assured you that you were right. smoothed your feathers all out nice for you? Offer you some coffee and perhaps a doughnut, or a scone?
    OF COURSE he did all this!! You have them by the balls and they KNOW it!!! They screwed the pooch and they are quivering in their jackboots that you might figure that out. You were assaulted by two thugs, in your home, in front of your kids (if I read correctly). My only question is: What message will your kids carry away from all this? Daddy stands up for his rights and punishes those who violate them, OR, Daddy gets his rights violated and then apologizes to the punks for having to point out that, while he forgives them, they were somewhat wrong for doing it.
    I don't blame you if you don't sue the piss out of the department, and settle for the punks badges as a souvenir. But do not let your kids see you licking the Chief's boots as a way of apologizing for his punks miscarriage of justice! They are watching you. Let them see that you care about your rights, and by extension , theirs!

(Delaware County)

Is the chief going to come to your house with some dry wall\plaster to repair the hole?

(Delaware County)

It's a good thing you didn't post this in the General section. Your rights were trampled, that's all I'm going to say.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

OP: you posted this thread in an attempt to explain how the Marcus hook police are "good guys" and I guess you feel they made up for their action or something?

In reality, your thread failed and the police failed.

All I took away from this is that you were assaulted by police in your own home, the police got away with it and that both the Marcus Hool police and yourself don't feel people should carry firearms, especially openly.
    Last edited by BimmerJon; May 20th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.

(Delaware County)

Just so everyone on here knows the Marcus Hook Police Dept is Pro citizens carrying firearms. They are not Pro open carry BUT do not start a bunch of crap as long as your legal.
    This statement is a direct conflict of itself. They CAN'T be pro citizens carrying firearms but at the same time not pro open carry. The police shouldn't be "pro" or "con" anything. They don't make the law, they follow and enforce it. Not pick and choose which ones they want. Marcus Hook police are obviously not pro gun.

The Chief is a great guy and him and myself both agree that there should be some kind of requirements to be allowed to carry a firearm instead of just buy a firearm and just start open carrying it or carry it with your LTCF. Right now just anyone who may only know what they were shown in a gun shop can carry a firearm. Where we both feel that you should have to show that you can safely use a firearm before being allowed to carry one in public for defense
    That's great. Opinions are cool. Just tell him to keep them to himself and not let his get in the way of doing his job, correctly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast