Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Favorite .22 HandGun?

Title says it all fellas..

im in the market for a .22 handgun, either revolver or pistol.

What is your favorite .22 handgun and why??
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    Title says it all fellas..

im in the market for a .22 handgun, either revolver or pistol.

What is your favorite .22 handgun and why??
    I don't own any .22 handguns but I can tell you which one I hate. Walther P22. Complete piece of garbage in my experience.
    1. Unless you have hands like a child, it will not fit/be comfortable, it's way too small.
    2. It jams very easily (don't even try to shoot high-thumbs)
    3. It's wildly inaccurate even at 20 feet.
    Last edited by danp; July 11th, 2006 at 08:34 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

I like my MkIII. It's a very accurate gun which is fun to shoot with Red Dot. It also helps for cheap practice and discipline.

my new S&W 22a in 7" is an outstanding .22. I have owned a colt and a ruger and I like the smith better.

Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Allegheny County)

Browning Buckmark....5 1/2" bull barrel
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

I think I would probably have to say the Ruger Mark III. They're amazing pistols that will last FOREVER. I know 2 that we have worn out the firing pins in, and everything else works perfectly find in the pistol, lol. They're also arguably the most accurate pistol EVER made of any caliber, but especially with the .22 LR. I think it's funny that DanP really hates the Walther P22. I actually own one, the P22 Target model and don't mind it that much. I've never had the gun jam, but the recoil springs are sometimes a bit light, and the first round of a new clip sometimes you just barely gotta touch the slide, and it'll go. The Walther P22 is NOT a gun that will fire well when it gets dirty, it has to be cleaned fairly often. I put 350 or 400 the other day and still hadn't had it jam, but it was very dirty. The target model is a bit more of a chore to clean than the others, because you have to remove the stabilizer every time you clean the gun, but I've found the P22 target to be pretty accurate, especially from a rest. Is the Walther even close to the Mark III in accuracy, naw, but it's still a very fun pistol. It does have a small frame, but with the mags that the grip extension, it's pretty comfortable. Overall, I'd probably day so with a Mark III, unless you want a futuristic "race gun" style pistol.

Default Ruger

Got to say the Ruger is hard to beat, I am more familiar with the mark ll but there was no drastic change in the mark lll. Wife owns a beautiful Ruger single 6 from back in 1958, if you like single action its hard to beat, and we also have a Neos, beretta's new .22, it shoots well but the rear sight is plastic, needs to be glued in place once you get the windage right...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I have had NOTHING but jaming issues wth my ruger mark III. Even had an expert smith look at it and he could not fix it. Id never buy another. Impossible to break down easy to clean to. Old school old thinking gun. No thanks..
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

Default Ruger Mark III

Are you sure you don't have a 22/45 AKA the P-512. I know those jam up pretty quickly. The Mark I and II I ever used where work horses that worked even dirty, some even might say they worked better dirty!

The 22/45 supposedly made to imitate the 1911 has a slight angle difference to the mark III on the mag, and the bullet pickup just doesn't happen as smoothly.
    Last edited by Frenchy; July 12th, 2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Default BuckMark

Browning BuckMark. It shoots very well and is easy to takedown when I get the inclination to clean it.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast