Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

ruger mkii. haven't tried the mkiii, but i'd assume it's even better. tack drivers out of the box.

(Philadelphia County)

i also have a p22. fun and great looking but not reliable, and not awfully accurate. sometimes fun is better than accurate.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGN
    Impossible to break down easy to clean too.
    that's definately true. why on earth should i need a <i>hammer</i> and a <i>piece of string</i> to get a gun apart ... i'd say it's a sign of poor design, but everything else about it belies that. i can put ten bullets into a bottle cap at 30 feet.

i take out the bolt, scrub the insides with a brush, and only actually take the barrel off when my red-dot goes out of true and i have to take it off anyway. it does pretty well with cleaning like that.

(Montgomery County)

I love my S&w 422 it fires the crappies 22 amo and i have had no problems with the weapon itself.

(Bucks County)

I love my Ruger MkIII 678 Competition. It was a POA to reassemble at first, but after doing it a few times it's a piece of cake. When I use crap Wildcat ammo, I've had a couple jams . . . but we're talking a couple out of well over a thousand rounds of frankly shitty ammo. Not to shabby from a reliability standard, and it's very fun and accurate to shoot.

Diego,

as with most firearms...it all depends on what you are looking to do with it...if you are just referring to plinking, I would say the top two choices are the Browning Buckmark which I have owned and the Ruger MKII/III. I sold the Buckmark, but now have a MKIII. I wouldn't say it's a "tack driver" it is a solid entry level if you want to compete in Bulleye.

I would agree with Dan about the Walther P22...the look nice, but very inaccurate...my friend had one for a day and he sold it. That should tell you something about it's accuracy.

Now, if you want the next level, I would say the S&W41...the other smith 22's a junk. Another good pistol would be the EAA IZH 35M...it is no longer imported...I am still kicking myself for not buying one when they were $350. I have been wanting this pistol for 7 years now...I found one on gunbroker, but the final winning price was $650, which I thought was too high.

Of course, the final tier would be Pardini, Hammerli 208, Unique pistols. Some of those pistols are $2,000+.

Default .22 pistol

Browning Buckmark no 1 choice. Very accurate with the correct ammo, fuctions well and fits my big paws. The Rugers aren't bad, a little difficult
    at first to reassemble the first few times. The jam problems I've had were
    due to poorly fit/shaped extractors. After I fixed 'em, no problem.
    S&W 22A/S they broke apart when they first came out. I don't want another
    one. P-22 just don't get it. Yea I've had all of them.

Ill put my "junk" 22a up against anyone here with a buckmark and or a Ruger.. anyday. Anybody in the philly area wanna take me up on it? THATS how confident I am of my 22a...
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Montgomery County)

Default 2 choices for me...

I like the Ruger MKII, I have 3 of them.
    1 is a std stainless bull 5" thats threaded for my Bowers Stainless CAC22 suppressor:

Another is a Tactical solutions "PacLite" lightweight upper, also threaded for my suppressor"

and the hand rifle, the 10" bull barrel MKII, in stainless:

all are complete tack drivers.

my absolute favorite fun 22 tho is my CZ-75 Kadet in 22lr, again threaded for my supressor:

fills the hand, accurate, and absolutely reliable.

however, between the buckmark and the MKII, I've personally had better luck with the MKII both in aftermarket parts and accessories, and accuracy..I had a very nice Buckmark target model that I could get to work for anything...

others have probably had the same with the MKII...see if you can try one before ya buy..the p22 is an absolute POS that is worthless, and not worthy of the Walther name.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Jay, you always have all the fun toys. Seriously man.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast