Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Uneventful 2nd time OC

I did OC once before but I don't even count that time as it was a short stop at the WAWA by Cabela's for a coffee and a pack on the way to Hawk Mtn/App. Trail.
    Today it was a bit different, first stop Turkey Hill across the street from the Court House (lots of LEO's usually around ) Parking lot is full, DEEP breath...I'm heading in! No one said a word, hell I don't think anyone even noticed...Now off to Total Rentals in Douglassville to return a part and get a new one, the Mgr. took care of me and never batted an eye the whole 20 minutes I was there!...Off to the Wine Spirits Shoppe...again NADA! Now the real test, 5th and Penn in Reading to pick up some tobacco, No one even blinked! This may be easier than I thought! Loving the freedom!
    Last edited by matty70; May 14th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Uneventful 2nd time OC

All sounds great, except the tobacco. Smoking can cause cardiovascular disease which could result in the amputation of your trigger fingers. If you lose your feet or legs, you can get a prosthetic, but a good trigger finger is just to valuable to risk. You can't tell me you'd risk your trigger finger for a smoke, right?

I am only being quasi-facetious, I've got relatives who have lost limbs to smoking related diseases, so it does happen.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    All sounds great, except the tobacco. Smoking can cause cardiovascular disease which could result in the amputation of your trigger fingers. If you lose your feet or legs, you can get a prosthetic, but a good trigger finger is just to valuable to risk. You can't tell me you'd risk your trigger finger for a smoke, right?

I am only being quasi-facetious, I've got relatives who have lost limbs to smoking related diseases, so it does happen.
    Uh I smoke right handed but shoot left just for that reason! Seriously though quitting is on the bucket list!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by matty70 View Post
    I did OC once before but I don't even count that time as it was a short stop at the WAWA by Cabela's for a coffee and a pack on the way to Hawk Mtn/App. Trail.
    Today it was a bit different, first stop Turkey Hill across the street from the Court House (lots of LEO's usually around ) Parking lot is full, DEEP breath...I'm heading in! No one said a word, hell I don't think anyone even noticed...Now off to Total Rentals in Douglassville to return a part and get a new one, the Mgr. took care of me and never batted an eye the whole 20 minutes I was there!...Off to the Wine Spirits Shoppe...again NADA! Now the real test, 5th and Penn in Reading to pick up some tobacco, No one even blinked! This may be easier than I thought! Loving the freedom!
    You wouldnt happen to drive a black dodge dually would you? I seen someone oc a 1911good left handed a couple weeks ago at the wawa by cabelas.

(Berks County)

Nah that was a while back - can't remember when but I know the trees were pretty bare.

(Berks County)

The more you OC, the easier it gets. In my experience (OCing daily for almost 4.5 years now in DE), 98% of the public doesn't notice or care. Once i get my LTCF, I'll be OCing in PA, too.
    Dave (Co-Founder & Moderator: Delaware Open Carry)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dave_in_delaware View Post
    The more you OC, the easier it gets. In my experience (OCing daily for almost 4.5 years now in DE), 98% of the public doesn't notice or care. Once i get my LTCF, I'll be OCing in PA, too.
    Dave do you have a Delaware permit? If so that would cover you for having a firearm in a vehicle and you can start OCing now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    Dave do you have a Delaware permit? If so that would cover you for having a firearm in a vehicle and you can start OCing now.
    I thought I'd still need a PA LTCF to be legal for vehicle carry once I became a PA resident? Regardless, I do not have my DE CCDW. I've always OC'd in DE.
    Dave (Co-Founder & Moderator: Delaware Open Carry)

(York County)

I thought I'd still need a PA LTCF to be legal for vehicle carry once I became a PA resident? Regardless, I do not have my DE CCDW. I've always OC'd in DE.

You need a Pa LTCF or a permit/license from a reciprocal state for concealed carry.

A permit/license from any state, reciprocal or not, will allow you to transport in a vehicle.

You cannot legally OC in a vehicle in PA without a license except under a very tight list of exceptions. Without a license you can only OC on foot.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; May 15th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

98% of the public doesn't notice
    Lot of people are busy with cell phones, mp3, texting, etc to notice their surroundings.

The rest are way to homophobic to appear to be checking out someone's "package", but that is where they would be basically looking to see the holstered gun, or even the printing of a concealed weapon.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast