Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Talking I have that itch.....

Ok so I just bought my first handgun in January a Walther PPQ 9mm then I went ahead a month ago and bought an XDM 45 compact acp 3.8 now I have the itch for another one..... I am looking into an m&p 40 or a shield if I can find one.... A glock 22 or a px4 storm 40 cal. Anyone have any experience with any of these. I am really leaning towards the storm but I could be swayed.... Thank you all in advance
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

Default Re: I have that itch.....

They are all good choices, personally I like the M&P best out of those although I don't have any experience with the Shield. I have a buddy whose issue weapon is an M&P and likes his Glock 22 much better.

If I were you, I'd consider changing it up a bit and consider a wheel gun, maybe in 357. It's a totally different platform than what you already have. For similar prices to what you are looking at, you could get a Ruger sp101 or gp100 or a S&W J or K frame.

(Chester County)

I have a smith and Wesson 6 inch 44 mag so I have that area coverd as well. I am into polys at the moment

(York County)

The Storm probably has the best ergonomics, but I'd rather go Glock. It, in my opinion, is the easiest to modify. Go with a .40, and get drop in barrels for 9mm and .357 Sig. Sights are cheap and easy, mags and holsters are everywhere, and most places even carry 3.5lb trigger connectors . If it breaks a monkey with a punch can fix it. What's not to love ? Go gen4 and you even get changeable back straps.

(Monroe County)

As my grand aunt Etta said just before she went into the Women's prison at Framingham . . . "When ya got a itch . . . then ya gotta scratch it."
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

(Chester County)

Yeah this whole gun thing is totally addicting. I know that glocks have so many aftermarket products and upgrades, but my buddy has one and I dunno if I am that much of a Glock person, I have a PPQ and part of the fun was trying to find all the aftermarket parts and upgrades for it, which I have found. I am just really digging the px4 , but I am going t the range next week without my babbles (XDM, PPQ) to rent them and get some quality time in with them to see which one I'm going with, bottom line is what ever one feels right in my hand and I shoot well with Im walking out with.

(Monroe County)

It all depends on what your POU is , philosophy of use, if its just for looks or the range anyone will do, but one thing is for sure none of the Guns you mention is as tough and reliable as the Glock.

(Chester County)

The M&P is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde gun for me.

I love the way that it fits my hand like no other gun does, but I hate the trigger that actually pulls the sights off target when you pull it. Learning to shoot differently for just one gun in my collection (when all others do not have this problem) is not acceptable to me. I also have this personal aversion to messing with triggers on my defensive guns.

So, it's my TV stand gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaTom View Post
    The M&P is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde gun for me.

I love the way that it fits my hand like no other gun does, but I hate the trigger that actually pulls the sights off target when you pull it. Learning to shoot differently for just one gun in my collection (when all others do not have this problem) is not acceptable to me. I also have this personal aversion to messing with triggers on my defensive guns.

So, it's my TV stand gun.
    Thank you for the info, yeah I am getting the trigger done in my XDM on Tuesday . I am having a powder river precision ultimate comp trigger put in but I want a 4 lb pull so I ca still carry it. I have had 2 chances to go M&P and both it times I've walked out with a different gun, so I highly doubt that I will be bringing that one home, I usually have an idea of what I'm walking out with and it seems like the Storm.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    It all depends on what your POU is , philosophy of use, if its just for looks or the range anyone will do, but one thing is for sure none of the Guns you mention is as tough and reliable as the Glock.
    You really do not think the beretta is as dependable as the glock? And of course I care about things more then looks, I have a PPQ for crying out loud, it's ugly but I'd trust my families life on that piece. Beretta's are known for their reliability. I have heard of more Glock FTE then any other gun but this could be because of the fact that everyone and their grandma has a GLock and everyone else has everything else. So I am not discounting the Glock as being a huge prospect for me. For right now it's between a Glock and the beretta , I am not going with the m&p. The glock is a great great gun, I just never thought of myself as a glock person. My best buddy has one and truthfully he and I are always in comp with our guns, I'd feel like I was taking a walk on the dark side if I got one, but hey it's what I shoot best with and feels the best in my hand. I am not, not going to get a gun just because I have some stupid reservation about it lol. That's silly. Again though I love all of the advice I'm getting thank you all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast