Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: What would be your reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    Wow, I guess it's gotten to the point where kids can't play cowboys and Indians anymore without getting blown away by some crazy adult with anger issues and a gun.
    I think the OP said the kids were about 18-19 years old. Seems a little beyond the age of playing "cowboys and indians" on a public street? Especially since there is another thread here currently debating the maturity of an 18 year old to OC a 'real' gun in Westmoreland County.

Not going to debate whether the OP had his .44 in holster or not, don't know if he 'brandished' or not. But I think I can somewhat understand the OP's situation/position at the moment there.

Ever since Seton Hill College has seemed to have purchased nearly every house and rental property in those couple of blocks there to use as off campus student housing.... Well, things there just ain't exactly the same now as it once was. Seems like more incidents are listed in the local paper's police blotter pages. Public drunkeness, disorderly conduct, brawls, drug busts, rape, assaults, robberies, etc. Obviously nowhere near as often as in Pittsburgh student housing areas, but more than was usual here.

Not saying that the incidents are all done by the students living there, but most likely the drug dealers and criminals now hang out there more often to make their living.
    A couple weeks ago I was driving in nearly the exact same spot as the OP one night and had an 'incident' there. A couple of drunk and wasted kids, all wearing black clothes and hoodies, at night during a rainstorm, staggered off the curb directly in front of my truck and then just stood there spaced out it the middle of the street.
    I slammed on the brakes, and tapped the horn just a little to let them know they were in the middle of the road.
    They immediately started towards my door screaming and giving me the finger. I just drove around them with my hand in my console ready to draw. They ran after me, and one of them even tried to jump into the back of the truck. I guess the stooge dressed in black did not notice the black tonneau cover, because his hands slipped off and he almost fell down and came close to getting hit by a van.

No, I did not bother to call the cops. Why bother? They did not show any weapons, and would have been long gone anyways. I could not give any description except for -- "Black hoodies, don't know if male or female, don't know if black or white or hispanic,etc, not sure of age or height or what direction they went, did not hear what they were screaming, etc."
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    .... There we are.............in our car. Me with a cocked 44special in my hand and my wife under the dashboard of the car, ........
    Hmm, sort of reminds me of prom night with my date. (not wife)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    It was a question, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

Regardless, if you or anyone of us here approached someone in an aggressive manor and yelling, with a weapon holstered or not, could possibly not end well for that person if a LEO is around.
    Just noticed your reply............s'cuse me for the late reply.......but my 44 did not leave my holster.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Because we all know that everything written on these forums is always fuly accurate and exact. OP never does not say "I holstered by cocked 44special and then jumped out of my Escalade".

I think the OP is lucky that he has not been arrested yet.
    Ahhhh.......so gullible and yet trying to make a point. Let's play the following scenario shall we.

I am a cop in the "same situation" on my way home (in 'my' car) and I see this shit happen. I get out of my car and I scream at the kids to drop the guns (remember, I did not see the orange tip until one of them turned towards me) and one turns to me with the gun aimed at me. Am I allowed to shoot because he aimed at me?

You have to see where I am coming from, I see two young adults chasing each other with guns on a busy street. One almost slams into my car and aims a gun at the other.......right there I have every right to protect number "1". Number "2" should be thanking his granddad that I noticed the orange tip on the gun.
    And to be really clear.......when I left the caddy, my gun was in it's holster and not in my hand. I should have been a little bit clearer about that..........my bad.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Venango County)

I posted an experience similar to this in Oakland while I was on foot in daylight. College kids apparently playing an assassination game back in the late eighties. I probably won't be able to find the link.

I came close to pulling, had my hand on firearm jacket inside pocket removing it. One kid looked scared as the other yelled his name and pulled a gun and pointed it at him. The kid tried to duck away and a lane in the street crowd opened up. I stepped up to the kid with the firearm, planning on opening up under his chin while deflecting his gun hand with my off hand.

Luckily for him I recognized the gun was green colored and shaped like those disc guns. I quickly replaced the gun into my pocket and walked on like nothing happened, but I was mad. As luck would have it, I had approached right between the two, one was ahead of the other.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123