Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Humorous *Almost* Encounter

My wife and I were in Barnes and Noble in Devon last night. We were sitting in the cafe and our new landlord met with us to go over some addendums to our lease. I was OCing.

About 20 minutes into our meeting, 2 police officers showed up. They appeared to be under 30. They came to the cafe and made it obvious that they were looking for someone (3 guesses who ). They went over to an Asian kid and questioned him, and he showed them his travel documents. They circled the cafe a few times, and looked at me, but they didn't see my handgun under the table. After a few minutes they left. After they left, a few employees walked by me and when I met their stare they became uncomfortable and walked away. An older man stood up and left in a huff after the police left.

I got a kick out of them making a beeline for the Asian kid. I don't feel that police should respond to OC-calls, but these officers handled it well IMO. They came, took a look around, saw that nothing was amiss, and left. I was surprised that they were called---I've OC'd in that Barnes and Noble many times and I've never had an issue.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Humorous *Almost* Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by VeritasAequitas View Post
    My wife and I were in Barnes and Noble in Devon last night. We were sitting in the cafe and our new landlord met with us to go over some addendums to our lease. I was OCing.

They went over to an Asian kid and questioned him, and he showed them his travel documents.
    Wow! That's very racist of the LEOs.

They circled the cafe a few times, and looked at me, but they didn't see my handgun under the table.
    If they would have seen your handgun, I think they would have questioned you. Papers please? Resist showing papers....pepper spraying then tazing you while they scream "Stop resisting" and "He's going for his gun" and maybe "Drop the gun"

After a few minutes they left. After they left, a few employees walked by me and when I met their stare they became uncomfortable and walked away. An older man stood up and left in a huff after the police left.
    If an employee or customer called, why didn't they have the balls to point you out? They are concerned about the gun, so they call yet when the police show up then cower in the corner. Whoever called is a POS.

I don't find it humorous at all. Those LEOs could have had a hardon for making an issue out of a non-issue.

Ah the day I truly notice someone calling to complain will be the day I start to call the police on them..... Hi 911, there is an older man at the grocery store. He might be in his mid 70s. He's walking slow and kinda bend over. Please send the police, he could collapse any moment.
    OR replace 'older man' with extremely overweight person who is out of breath and having heart attack symptoms. I'm concerned for the person.

About 20 minutes into our meeting, 2 police officers showed up. They appeared to be under 30. They came to the cafe and made it obvious that they were looking for someone (3 guesses who ). They went over to an Asian kid and questioned him, and he showed them his travel documents. They circled the cafe a few times, and looked at me, but they didn't see my handgun under the table. After a few minutes they left. After they left, a few employees walked by me and when I met their stare they became uncomfortable and walked away. An older man stood up and left in a huff after the police left.

I got a kick out of them making a beeline for the Asian kid. I don't feel that police should respond to OC-calls, but these officers handled it well IMO. They came, took a look around, saw that nothing was amiss, and left. I was surprised that they were called---I've OC'd in that Barnes and Noble many times and I've never had an issue.
    Responses to what I bolded, the officers handled it well because they couldn't find the MWAG, you said it yourself, they couldnt see it (your gun) because of the way you were seated. Who knows what would've went down otherwise. Instead they harrass some poor asian kid for no damn reason.

As far as never having an issue there before, all that means to me is, that same sheep, jack ass (whoever made the MWAG call), wasn't there any other time you were there OC. Shitty as it sounds, I would just expect negative reactions and encounters every time I OC'ed whether or not I didnt have any issues at the same place 100x before. Thats just the society we live in today. Guns are scary.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Humorous *Almost* Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Guns are scary.
    I KNOW you were being facetious when you said this, but, I find Asian people scary. Have you never heard the song 'Kung Fu fighting" ? That stuff can happen anywhere! It's part of the reason I carry two guns. Those cats are fast as lightning!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    If an employee or customer called, why didn't they have the balls to point you out? They are concerned about the gun, so they call yet when the police show up then cower in the corner. Whoever called is a POS.
    Which makes me think that the visit had everything to do with the asian kid and nothing to do with your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Which makes me think that the visit had everything to do with the asian kid and nothing to do with your gun.
    The looks of fear, disgust, and sheepdom he received from the couple employees as they walked by and the older guy getting up and leaving in a huffnpuff leads me to believe otherwise. The old guy is the worst, fuckin spineless weasel. He was pissed he had to sip his mochachinochocolata latte while reading a magazine he was gonna put back on the rack, within 15yds of some hooligan w a gun. And when the cops show up after he- A. pointed the MWAG out to the employees and suggested they call LE, or B. he made the call himself. He doesnt even have the balls to point the guy out when its clear the cops are wandering in circles looking for the MWAG. When they didnt find him, he was salty and left. OMMV

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I find that hard to believe. Someone called "There's this asian kid. He looks like he's here illegally". Maybe if we're in Arizona, I might slightly believe that.

Most probably some customer called MWAG, and left without waiting for the police. What's surprising is, whoever in the 911 center took the call, didn't even ask whether the MWAG is caucasian, african-american, asian, middle-eastern, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    Ah the day I truly notice someone calling to complain will be the day I start to call the police on them..... Hi 911, there is an older man at the grocery store. He might be in his mid 70s. He's walking slow and kinda bend over. Please send the police, he could collapse any moment.
    OR replace 'older man' with extremely overweight person who is out of breath and having heart attack symptoms. I'm concerned for the person.
    How about, "Police? I'm in the Barnes & Noble at ___ and there's a creepy guy who keeps staring at me and following me around. He's pretending to look at books but he follows me everywhere I go in the store. I don't know if he's a pervent or a robber, but it's making me very nervous to be stalked like this. I'm afraid to leave the store because he might follow me to my car and get the license number. Can you send someone to check this guy out? Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by filgun11 View Post
    I find that hard to believe. Someone called "There's this asian kid. He looks like he's here illegally". Maybe if we're in Arizona, I might slightly believe that.

Most probably some customer called MWAG, and left without waiting for the police. What's surprising is, whoever in the 911 center took the call, didn't even ask whether the MWAG is caucasian, african-american, asian, middle-eastern, etc.
    But if they asked that there would be the possibility of MSNBC editing the tape.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    The looks of fear, disgust, and sheepdom he received from the couple employees as they walked by and the older guy getting up and leaving in a huffnpuff leads me to believe otherwise. The old guy is the worst, fuckin spineless weasel. He was pissed he had to sip his mochachinochocolata latte while reading a magazine he was gonna put back on the rack, within 15yds of some hooligan w a gun. And when the cops show up after he- A. pointed the MWAG out to the employees and suggested they call LE, or B. he made the call himself. He doesnt even have the balls to point the guy out when its clear the cops are wandering in circles looking for the MWAG. When they didnt find him, he was salty and left. OMMV
    I take it that you were there too?

Tredyffrin cops may not all be Mensa members but...
    -Why would they choose a random asian guy and check his travel documents in response to a MWAG call? I think they would be more concerned with finding the actual MWAG. They would NOT walk away.
    -Maybe they saw the OP exercising his right to keep and bear arms and ignored him, instead deciding to go oppress an asian.
    -How do you know what they were checking on with the asian guy and WTF are "travel documents"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast