Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default New OCer...quick law question

I've been CCing for quite some time now. I'm originally from PA and have my PA LTCF. I just started to OC and just want to make sure that I'm legit in case I run into LEO problems. It has my old Pennsylvania address on it and I'm now a Texas resident. I've recently moved back here, but haven't yet changed my residency since I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around here for very long. The question I have is does my LTCF need to have my updated Texas address on it and match up with my driver's license? Or does it not matter?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: New OCer...quick law question

Quote Originally Posted by jed7mm View Post
    I've been CCing for quite some time now. I'm originally from PA and have my PA LTCF. I just started to OC and just want to make sure that I'm legit in case I run into LEO problems. It has my old Pennsylvania address on it and I'm now a Texas resident. I've recently moved back here, but haven't yet changed my residency since I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around here for very long. The question I have is does my LTCF need to have my updated Texas address on it and match up with my driver's license? Or does it not matter?
    You don't need a license to open carry, so my best non-lawyer guess would be no.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    You don't need a license to open carry, so my best non-lawyer guess would be no.
    Yes I'm aware that you don't need a license to open carry, however you do need a car to get around...and you do need a license to get into the car while OCing, so unless you walk everywhere, you need a LTCF to OC

(Lehigh County)

Good advice as long as OP walks everywhere he has to go and doesn't set foot in philly as he didn't mention any other out of state permit.

IANAL

When i moved county's i was told by the sheriff's office i did not need to change and address, he told me just until my current LTCF expires then just apply in my current county. But since you were our of state i have no idea if this would apply to you or not since you are a non resident

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jed7mm View Post
    My next non-lawyer guess is, if your license hasn't expired, then it's still good. My LTCF still has my old address on it; I'll update it when it's time to renew. If you have a TX permit, you could use that, also, since you need a license from your home state to carry while driving; it doesn't need to be a PA license. Even a permit from a state we don't have reciprocity with is valid for driving. You just can't use it for concealing.

(Luzerne County)

My next non-lawyer guess is, if your license hasn't expired, then it's still good. My LTCF still has my old address on it; I'll update it when it's time to renew. If you have a TX permit, you could use that, also, since you need a license from your home state to carry while driving; it doesn't need to be a PA license. Even a permit from a state we don't have reciprocity with is valid for driving. You just can't use it for concealing.
    No I don't have a TX permit. Just would have cost me time/money I didn't need to spend since they have reciprocity with PA...and yea I don't expire until 2015

IANAL

If your LTCF is still current then you're good to go.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lawrence County)

on top of the "you don't need a license to oc" topic.

We are in a state of emergency. You NEED a ltcf to carry o.c. right now.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Delaware County)

IANAL

But PA requires non residents of PA to have a license/CCW from their home state (TX) to get a PA LTCF. After you moved to TX, your PA LTCF might now be void.

In PA, you need a LTCF to carry in Phila and you also need it everywhere else in PA even to open carry if we are in a state of emergency (which we are still in unless it recently ended.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    on top of the "you don't need a license to oc" topic.

We are in a state of emergency. You NEED a ltcf to carry o.c. right now.
    I thought I saw a few days ago that they canceled it.....

Ill try and find the thread.

EDIT: Here it is. http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/17...-its-over.html
    Last edited by Shisno; May 13th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast