Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default THUMBS UP for PA State Police...

I'd rather not mention where this happened but last week I heard two gun shots from a house down behind my house. I then observed two vehicles hurrying out of there. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that something bad may have gone down. I decided to call the police and as I was picking up the phone two PA State Police cars came flying into the driveway of the house that I heard the shots from.
    I saw them walking around the houses as if they didn't know if they were at the right house or not. Then one of them was walking up the road so I yelled down to him tell him that I was coming down to meet with him. He met me half way. When we reached each other I noticed that he had his gun in his hand. I was CCing as always with a t-shirt which prints pretty good. I held my hands up in front of the officer and said "I am armed by the way, I have a LTCF". The officer responded by saying "that's no problem" and then he holstered his gun. I then told him what I heard and saw which really wasn't much help. They later came up to my house and talked some more with no mention of carrying.
    It didn't surprise me that he said that's no problem but I was impressed with the fact that he had the mind enough to holster his weapon in front of me. I fealt that was very respectful and a safe thing to do for both of us.
    I don't want to go into the story about what happened at that house other than nobody was hurt and they caught their suspect two days later.
    Last edited by Amazon Hunter; May 12th, 2012 at 07:12 AM.

(Bedford County)

Default Re: THUMBS UP for PA State Police...

Thanks for sharing..

I've had much better luck with PSP then with locals.. glad it worked out
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    Thanks for sharing..

I've had much better luck with PSP then with locals.. glad it worked out
    Ha! Try OC'ing in Swiftwater. Once, before I had my LTCF, state police demanded that I conceal. I informed them that I couldn't do so without a license, and they tried convincing me that it would be OK "just this once." Bullshit.

Another time, I was OC'ing in Swiftwater, and a state cop simply pulled up next to me, jumped out of his car, and forcibly removed my weapon without saying a word. I was handcuffed and forced to lay over the hood of a cruiser for several minutes while the officers told me that no, I wasn't breaking any laws, but if I was seen carrying a weapon again, I would be arrested and they would find something to charge me with.
    Last edited by snakeman21; May 12th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

(Delaware County)

Just a suggestion. Might want to start with "I have a license" before "I am armed"

Good encounter

(Tioga County)

Thank you for sharing your story.
    MikeP

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    Ha! Try OC'ing in Swiftwater. Once, before I had my LTCF, state police demanded that I conceal. I informed them that I couldn't do so without a license, and they tried convincing me that it would be OK "just this once." Bullshit.

Another time, I was OC'ing in Swiftwater, and a state cop simply pulled up next to me, jumped out of his car, and forcibly removed my weapon without saying a word. I was handcuffed and forced to lay over the hood of a cruiser for several minutes while the officers told me that no, I wasn't breaking any laws, but if I was seen carrying a weapon again, I would be arrested and they would find something to charge me with.
    Wow !!! I once saw a cartoon of an Alabama Statey pulling over a DUI suspect, and it was step for step what you described, right up to the point of the Trooper beating the guy over the back of the head with a billy club and raping him from behind over the hood of his cruiser. Damned lucky you didn't get raped.( except of course, for the way he raped your rights. Total over reaction to a non threat .)
    Last edited by DClan; May 12th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

(Bucks County)

Too bad you didn't get that on tape so that the next time they arrested you, you could pull out the recording for the judge.

OP...nice post.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Lehigh County)

Let me guess....Sweick or the bigger shit for brains, Osterhaut? I ain't done with those two motherfuckers yet.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brillfan View Post
    Let me guess....Sweick or the bigger shit for brains, Osterhaut? I ain't done with those two motherfuckers yet.
    who is sweick and osterhaut???

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    who is sweick and osterhaut???
    Two dickhead "troopers"....let's drop the term "troopers" and stick with dickheads.....who were stationed at the Swiftwater goon squad barracks when they busted my balls, pointed a gun at my head, injured me, and stomped all over my rights several years ago. At least one other member here got similar treatment from one of these assholes awhile back.

Two reasons why I ALWAYS carry when traveling through Monroe County.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast