Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never say never

Default Never say never

I said my HK USP Elite .45 ACP was the one pistol I would never sell. Well, it turns out I was wrong. I finally inked a deal that goes like this: my HK and $100 cash for two NIB RIA midsize (full size grip, 4" barrel) 1911's. Also got two extra 1911 mags in the deal, so I'll be up to 30 or so mags. I found myself never taking anything to the range except Taurus polymers and 1911's. I've gotten pretty good at getting a reloaded mag back into the 1911, so high cap pistols are less important to me, now.

The RIA's will get Hogue wrap around finger grips (much like the grips that are standard on the 24/7 series Tauruses and the HK P30), polished internals, matching paint jobs, and magwell extensions. Gotta admit it, I'm beginning to like 1911's.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Never say never

now all you need to do is get a .22 conversion kit atop one of the RIA guns and shootin' gets real cheap.

Seems like a real good deal.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

I am happy with the deal. I ended up losing a total of $134 on the HK. I had to pay the full $450 for each of the RIA since they are usually sold before they get to the dealer. I am looking at a conversion, but to go on one of my PT 1911's.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Problem is now you don't have any 45 in USP H&Ks and 7 or 8 1911s 2 of which are compact RALs with 30 1911 mags. So are you on the hunt for another H&K you only have the P30 left in H&K. I'm not sure 3 PT 1911s are worth a USP H&K to have you tell it last year. But again that was 2 Glocks worth a H&K wasn't it.

Anyway the way you can go through a 1911 and make it better its a good deal if you are happy with it. Good shooting and happy tinkering!!

You probablly didn't loose anything usually the smaller a 1911 the more expensive so those 1911s probably were around $450 each so you lost a little in the cost of a $1250 USP not to mentjon the $100 cash.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 16th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Problem is now you don't have any 45 in USP H&Ks and 7 or 8 PT 1911s 2 of which are compact RALs with 30 1911 mags. So are you on the hunt for another H&K you only have the P30 left in H&K. I'm not sure 3 PT 1911s are worth a USP H&K to have you tell it last year. But again that was 2 Glocks worth a H&K wasn't it.

Anyway the way you can go through a 1911 and make it better its a good deal if you are happy with it. Good shooting and happy tinkering!!

You probablly didn't loose anything usually the smaller a 1911 the more expensive so those RAL 1911s probably were around $585 each so thats pretty close the cost of a $1250 USP not to mentjon the $100 cash.
    What's a RAL?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    What's a RAL?

456 - A brand new RAL Taurus 1911 his are compact with a rail.

(Bucks County)

456 - A brand new RAL Taurus 1911 his are compact with a rail.
    I googled RAL Taurus, got zero results. Did a search on gunbroker, 0 results. Still don't know wtf you're talking about since those initials were never mentioned in OP or after until yours.

You're right he said RAI I jumped the Gun and thought he meant RAL so one of the few times you are right celebrate. No thanks for correcting Me I need to read the OPs statement better. You get a A+,

He's talking filipino 1911 instead of his steadfast Taurus PT1911s.

There I corrected my reply.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 16th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

(Bucks County)

You're right he said RAI I jumped the Gun and thought he meant RAL so one of the few times you are right celebrate. No thanks for correcting Me I need to read the OPs statement better. You get a A+,

He's talking filipino 1911 instead of his steadfast Taurus PT1911s.

There I corrected my reply.
    He said RIA, and this is the umpteenth time you keep putting RAI, it's ROCK ISLAND ARMORY, RIA...NOT RAI, for the umpteenth time. I don't know if you are dislexic in your typing or thinking.
    Second part of your comment is ignorant, and obviously so. Instead of having to jump on every thread coming off as a know-it-all, think your thoughts through first as most of what you post is either mispelled, ill-informed or both. Now you have switched to being insulting and rude. Change your attitude or find a forum that appreciates your behavior in your own state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    He said RIA, and this is the umpteenth time you keep putting RAI, it's ROCK ISLAND ARMORY, RIA...NOT RAI, for the umpteenth time. I don't know if you are dislexic in your typing or thinking.
    Second part of your comment is ignorant, and obviously so. Instead of having to jump on every thread coming off as a know-it-all, think your thoughts through first as most of what you post is either mispelled, ill-informed or both. Now you have switched to being insulting and rude. Change your attitude or find a forum that appreciates your behavior in your own state.
    456 - I think you take yourself too serious, you give but you can't take.
    I've read plenty of mispellings or mistakes and just read through it and understood what they were trying to say.

Like most I use this forum as a information and enlightenment board.

I don't search the forum looking to correct what I know others are trying to say. Like I said he was talking about the filipino name brand guns so it wasn't ignorant because I knew what he was talking about. Now if I or we owe anybody an apology its the Op by side tracking his thread with our Ego and off track comments about each other when we should be talking about GUNS and his choice of them.

Thank you for being so informative and correct.

Now let's give him back his thread.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 18th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast