Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Coraopolis Sportsmen's Association

does anyone here belong to the coraopolis sportsmen's association?

i heard they had an indoor pistol range that is open 24hrs to members...which got me all excited...but then i heard they don't allow metal jacketed ammo...which got me unexcited cause shooting unjacketed lead bullets through glocks is supposedly not good for them (due to the hexagonal barrel).

anybody a member? if so, is it true that you cannot use jacketed bullets in the indoor range? (i can understand why you might not be allowed to...not complaining, just asking.)

i've tried stopping out there a couple of times, but there has never been anyone "official" around.

thanks.

stan

(or, does anyone know of any other pistol ranges that are open late at night around pittsburgh?)

(Allegheny County)

A little off of the subject but I live 3 miles away from the coraopolis range and never once stoped in to check it out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sks762
    A little off of the subject but I live 3 miles away from the coraopolis range and never once stoped in to check it out.
    hey sks762...glad to see you on this board. i live in lawrenceville (just up the allegheny from the strip district).

i saw in another of your posts that you shoot at the forest grove sportsmen's association...where is that?

i tried to look it up on the web, but couldn't find a whole lot of info other than it is in the 412 area code, so it can't be too far away.

stan

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota
    hey sks762...glad to see you on this board. i live in lawrenceville (just up the allegheny from the strip district).

i saw in another of your posts that you shoot at the forest grove sportsmen's association...where is that?

i tried to look it up on the web, but couldn't find a whole lot of info other than it is in the 412 area code, so it can't be too far away.

stan
    it is about 5 mins off I-79 its next to robinson twp. its pretty easy to find if you want detailed directions I can tell you

(Allegheny County)

yeah, if you could post or PM me directions, that would be great.

i'm trying to find a good club to join (that isn't quite as far of a drive as greater pittsburgh gun club). i'd like to find one with a range i can use late at night as that is when i usually actually have time to shoot. even if they don't have that, though, i am still interested in checking it out.

i do most of my shooting at the game commission range off of route 910...but you can't practice drawing and shooting, or moving and shooting, the shortest targets are about 12 yards, it gets crowded as new york city on weekends, etc.

thanks!

stan

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Shooting range near Robinson ?

Hey SKS762, is that true there is a forest groove shooting range near Robinson Twsp. ? I'd like to know that too, I'm closed to the International Airport..e-mail me the direction and maybe we can meet at the range too someday, how much does it cost to be a member ?

(Allegheny County)

Default Forest grove

deepcharge41,

It looks like Forest Grove is fairly close to Coraopolis range.

I took a John Farnam class there in 02.

Part of the Montour (or another)trail goes through their property.

I don.t think you can shoot steel there.

I'll try to get some info on forest grove and post it.

27 Hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Default Forest grove

Forest grove sportsmens club is in robinson township , take 79 to the coraopolis exit if heading north turn left, follow about 1/4 mile to forest grove road, turn left onto forest grove and follow to the entrance to the club on right hand side, if your going south on 79 take the neville island exit and follow signs to 51 then signs to 79, 1/4 mile before 79 forest grove will be on your right

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Forest grove

Quote Originally Posted by WPD View Post
    Forest grove sportsmens club is in robinson township , take 79 to the coraopolis exit if heading north turn left, follow about 1/4 mile to forest grove road, turn left onto forest grove and follow to the entrance to the club on right hand side, if your going south on 79 take the neville island exit and follow signs to 51 then signs to 79, 1/4 mile before 79 forest grove will be on your right
    Your directions are a lil confusing. Do you have to be a member? If so, how much? I'm in Sewickley and very interested.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Forest Grove location

I'm not sure about the location of the off ramp from 79 south but Forest Grove Road is adjacent to the 79 south entrance ramp and goes uphill parallel tp 79 southbound.

That being said,follow FG road to Ewings mill rd and make a right hand turn.
    It looks to me like you will pass 4 roads on the left side of Ewings Mill. The 5th left turn is Hickman rd. Make the left up Hickman (slowly, as the guy living in the house on the right will make a fuss if you speed) and you will come out at the sportsmans club.

Frank Manslow is listed as the contact person at 412-269-0942

I google mapped this.
    Forest Grove Sportsman's Assoc.
    Hickman Rd. Coraopolis Pa

I may give him a call myself to see about membership.

27 hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast