Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Just requested AZ ccw packet!

Thanks in a large part to this forum and the wealth of reliable information found here on the subject, I called the AZ public safety department this morning and requested my ccw packet! Talk about a friendly person to talk to on the other end. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and friendly and took the time to quickly explain the process to obtain my non-resident AZ ccw.

I am doing this for the reciprocity factor. I often travel into Delaware since I am near the border of the state. I am not a big fan of the complications that can be experienced during Open Carry and I prefer to conceal.

Try explaining this process to someone who knows little to nothing about firearms laws and rights. What a crock it really is! "I am applying for my Arizona non-resident ccw so that I can carry in Delaware. Delaware does not recognize Pennsylvania's license to carry firearms, but does recognize Arizona's. Pennsylvania also recognizes Arizona's and Arizona recognizes Pennsylvania's. Delaware however, will accept a ccw permit from a state on the other side of the country, but not a neighboring state. No really, it all makes perfect sense if you know our government at all. Because our government makes not a damn bit of sense to begin with!"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Just requested AZ ccw packet!

Delaware recognizes Florida.

I may get a FL permit in time as well. From what I've gathered, AZ is a bit quicker with their turnaround time.

Quote Originally Posted by LanCo EMT View Post
    I may get a FL permit in time as well. From what I've gathered, AZ is a bit quicker with their turnaround time.
    I had my Florida permit in six days. From the time I mailed it off till I got in in the mail was SIX DAYS! I don't think half the PA County Sheriffs can beat that much less Arizona!

CL