Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default HI-POINT GUY WHAT ABOUT THE TAURUS

WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A TAURUS MILLENIUM .40 FOR A CARRY WEAPON CHECKED ONE OUT THIS WEEKEND AT SPORT STORE LIKED THE SIZE AND IT FELT GOOD IN THE HAND SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY TO CONCEAL WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THOUGHTS ON THIS WEAPON? IT WAS $299.00 GOOD DEAL OR NO?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: HI-POINT GUY WHAT ABOUT THE TAURUS

THE TAURUS IS LEAPS AND BOUNDS ABOVE THE HI-POINT. IF IT IS NEW 299 SHOULD BE A GOOD PRICE. IT WAS MY CARRY WEAPON FOR A...sorry for yelling there. It was my carry weapon for a while. So long as you get a good holster for it, and practice shooting accuratly and quickly with its trigger, you're good to go. A concern I always had was "yanking" the trigger under stress and not being able to hit the braod side of a BG. So I got myself a Kimber Ultra carry. I still have the Taurus, and wouldnt give it up for much of anything.

Are you looking at stainless of blued?

(Cambria County)

I've got a Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 ACP and really like it. The only reason that I don't use it as my regular "carry" gun is that I am small and it does NOT conceal well on me. My husband has one in 9mm as well. They both shoot very nicely. (I used his 9mm for a while before I got my .45). If it fits well in your hand, you can hit what you're aiming at with it, and it conceals well on you, then I say go for it. And yes, $299 IS a good price!
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

i think it may have been a pt190? not real sure just yet will have to go visit it again! darn trip to gun store!!!! anyway it was blued ill have to get more info on this to see what you all think i was rushed for time that day and just snuck in for a peak.

thanks for the reply nice to see ladies with guns! anyway ill have to get back with you on exact model not positive how are they at teardown? pretty easy? im about 5'11 185lbs looks like an easy conceal for me anyway anything is smaller than my hi-point c9 like the size except for carry still waiting on permit though.

(Beaver County)

The take down is easy and requires no tools. Lock slide back, rotate take down pin, remove pin, ruturn to battery, (maybe pull trigger), push slide forward.

Assembly is the opposite of removal.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by kdoyle10876 View Post
    thanks for the reply nice to see ladies with guns! anyway ill have to get back with you on exact model not positive how are they at teardown? pretty easy? im about 5'11 185lbs looks like an easy conceal for me anyway anything is smaller than my hi-point c9 like the size except for carry still waiting on permit though.
    Takedown is VERY easy! That's just one more reason I like it so much....it's one of the easiest ones I have for takedown.

Yes, at 5'11", you should be able to conceal it VERY well. (I'm only 5'1" and have MAYBE an inch between the bottom of my ribcage and my hip bones, so you can imagine what my problem is with concealment)
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?