Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Pitcarin Monroeville Sportsmen Gun Show and Flea

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    It has been a couple of years since I have been active on this forum. A lot seems to have changed. I really don't find the violation of 2nd amendment rights to be funny. I find it even less so when the violation is perpetrated by an organization I belong to.
    Yeah... it surprised me. I'm a new member, and had to sign all this stuff on the application about not partaking in any anti-2A organizations. At first I didn't mind because it was my first gun show and I figured it was a legal thing, but the most I thought about it the more I thought it was stupid. My gun went from securely held in my kydex IWB holster, to being pulled out in front of 50-60 people and tied open. I then had to carry it flopping around in a cargo pocket of my shorts and have a loaded mag in my front shirt pocket.

Any members that post on PMSC, I'm the member there who posted on the Gun Show thread about this. It was somebody I recognized as a director, and from my orientation, so I pretty much immediately gave in because naturally they seem to be an authority figure to a new member. I know you say it's "our" club, but for a new member to be stopped at the door and disarmed by a club officer, it definitely caught me off guard. He was nice about it, and thanked me for cooperating, but it still doesn't change my skepticism as to why it was necessary.

(Allegheny County)

It's being discussed on our clubs forum. I'm hoping it will be cleared up for future shows. As far as I can tell, it was a arbitrary thing initiated by one or more directors without due process. Apparently it wasn't enforced across the board, since several attendee's have stated they were never asked.

I was also informed there was a sign on the door, I didn't see it, but I wasn't looking for it. Anyone else see one?
    Toujours pręt

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I was also informed there was a sign on the door, I didn't see it, but I wasn't looking for it. Anyone else see one?
    Not there at 0845 on Sat.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It's being discussed on our clubs forum. I'm hoping it will be cleared up for future shows. As far as I can tell, it was a arbitrary thing initiated by one or more directors without due process. Apparently it wasn't enforced across the board, since several attendee's have stated they were never asked.

I don't recall seeing a sign, I was barely to the door when I was asked, "You carrying?" I didn't even think of lying... I've been carrying 2 months and figured if someone that knew better was looking they could see me printing.

I was encouraged to see the response from other club members and officers in the forum. After it happened Saturday I was a bit surprised, as this was my first club event and I was hoping it wasn't indicative of an anti-carry ideology. After talking to you guys on the forum I'm satisfied that this wasn't the case.
    Last edited by ifman; May 16th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234