Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: I'd rather be shot than...

(Philadelphia County)

I did so NOT need to see that.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Talking Re: I'd rather be shot than...

I'm jumping off topic, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was:

"I'd rather be shot than stuck in between Rosie O'Donnel and a box of donuts..."
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Luzerne County)

I dunno, I have been hit by guys training for the IFC and other MMA competitions and I would MUCH rather be hit by them than shot. Your body is capable of taking these types of impacts with training or simply excellent genetics, but a bullet is a whole other story
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    I dunno, I have been hit by guys training for the IFC and other MMA competitions and I would MUCH rather be hit by them than shot. Your body is capable of taking these types of impacts with training or simply excellent genetics, but a bullet is a whole other story
    Did you see the part of the video where the dude runs into the slabs of concrete? 12 or them, maybe more?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Did you see the part of the video where the dude runs into the slabs of concrete? 12 or them, maybe more?
    Ya I saw that part on a show...Id still would rather that than be shot lol.
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned

As far as what was said about "weight transfer" doing the work, I don't think thats the case.

You can clearly see that the block doesn't just fall onto the other, breaking it. I think what's actually happening is an ENERGY transfer. The first block took the whole 2100 lbs of force, let's say it takes 200 lbs of force to break each block... The original block takes 2100 - 200 - 200 - 200 - 200 - 200 = last block takes 1100 lbs of force and its a successful break. Add 6 more blocks, and all blocks except the last will break, because the bottom block will only receive 100 lbs of force.

Maybe that's what you meant by posting, but the term weight transfer got me confused and I wanted to post my interpretation of it. I'm not a scientist so im not the law on this topic, but from the laws of physics, of what I know of em at least, I figured this is the most probable scenario.

As far as him "maintaining velocity", as soon as the initial 2100lbs was delivered, he could have stopped following through for all that mattered.

Still impressive though. Loved when the guy rammed the 20 bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    That's totally disgusting.

(Allegheny County)

Like they said in the video, you never get set up like that in a fight. I do bone density strengthening techniques and i'll tell you it hurts so much worse to get hit by someone who does this. My sifu's bones are like lead.

(Luzerne County)

It sort of annoyed me they considered someone running into a stack of bricks a "martial art", but it was cool to watch nonetheless. I have never seen anything quite like THAT before...it made me wonder how a pro football player would compare.
    -JL-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast