Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Rich Lawyer Impersonating Cop

Now, dig this! Could you imagine any of us mere mortals being brazen enough to do this in New Jersey?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...t_penalty.html

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Rich Lawyer Impersonating Cop

Ramsey said Binns was advised that he does not have permission to use a parking placard and reiterated that any uniform Binns wears is not department-issued.
    Irony here is EPIC!

(Jefferson County)

I don't condone his impersonating an officer, but I'd overlook the carrying of a firearm.

We do have a right to bear arms, and if New Jersey doesn't want to issue their permits, but continue prohibit carrying - then there is a constitutional rights issue. ...especially when it was carried openly.

In the past court have often sided on the concealed is allowed to be regulated side - so a open carry argument would have more legal backing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I don't condone his impersonating an officer, but I'd overlook the carrying of a firearm.

We do have a right to bear arms, and if New Jersey doesn't want to issue their permits, but continue prohibit carrying - then there is a constitutional rights issue. ...especially when it was carried openly.

In the past court have often sided on the concealed is allowed to be regulated side - so a open carry argument would have more legal backing.
    I agree, my issue is what would happen if you or I did the same thing?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I agree, my issue is what would happen if you or I did the same thing?
    We'd be enjoying our stay at the Graybar Hotel if we did it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

New Jersey is a complete and utter joke. Any average citizen not named this guy would be sent to prison for the mandatory 3-5 year sentence if they carried a firearm without a NJ permit.

The article says he applied right before the event he is pictured at, BUT WAS DENIED. And guess what, HE CARRIED ANYWAY. While I disagree 100% with NJ's may issue permit policy and the near impossibility of an ordinary citizen being granted a LTCF, it is nothing but hypocritical and a failure of the police there to not arrest this man for openly flouting the law.

(McKean County)

I'm from NJ. The phrase "It's not what you know it's who you know" was first uttered there.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRMarty View Post
    I'm from NJ. The phrase "It's not what you know it's who you know" was first uttered there.
    How true this is. Anyone I've ever met from NJ has said the exact same thing to me. They have said it applies to everything in that state, from getting a good paying job to getting out of a ticket in a traffic stop.

I once heard a story from a teacher there who said his school district's Board of Education OPENLY discussed during a regular PUBLIC meeting how a job could be given to the nephew of one of the sitting members. Apparently they believed it was part of their official business to find a job in their district for a relative of a Board member.

I could go on and on with stories but I'm sure we all have many.
    Last edited by Jon Doe; May 4th, 2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: changed word duty to business