Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Asked to go see the Manager at the Movie Theater.

My wife and I went to the midnight showing of The Avengers at the Roxy theater in Lock Haven. I had my rain coat on when I went in. After getting seats my wife and I went out to get popcorn,soda and movie candy. I put my coat on my seat and was OC. My wife was CC.

After we came back to our seats a guy came down and said the manager, who was in the ticket booth wanted to see me. I went out to the booth which was very busy. The female manager ask me " Is it real" looking at my gun. Now this was a good question. There were some people dressed as some of the characters in the movie. The next question was "do you have a permit." She asked the question in a friendly tone. I said that I did. She said "OK , enjoy the movie."

I was going to talk to her about the LTCF, open carry and give her a flyer. Before I could say anything else she went back to selling tickets. I went back to my seat. The manager and the staff were all friendly during a very hectic night. They made the experience enjoyable for all. It was also a very good movie.

Update:
    Info on what theater workers thought in Post 40. Thank-you pahuntnfool.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; May 6th, 2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Update.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Asked to go see the Manager at the Movie Theater.

Him - "Sir, the manager would like to see you."

Me - "Well, here I am...tell them to come get a good look."

That's all that I would have added. The employee might have to come running when the manager calls, but you or I certainly do not.

Still, glad to hear all went well.

How was the movie???

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Indiana County)

So, which Avenger did better? John Steed or Mrs. Peel?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Him - "Sir, the manager would like to see you."

Me - "Well, here I am...tell them to come get a good look."

That's all that I would have added. The employee might have to come running when the manager calls, but you or I certainly do not.

Still, glad to hear all went well.

How was the movie???

camper
    It was very good. I had read the Marvel comics when I was a Kid. I like how they did the Movie. This is the 1st midnight showing of a movie I have gone to. The atmosphere was great. I do not usually like crowds.
    But the crowd reaction added to the experience.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So, which Avenger did better? John Steed or Mrs. Peel?
    I never watched those Avengers. They were not as exciting to a kid as comic books were.

(Bucks County)

Well on one hand it was good, because they ultimately respected your 2a rights, but not without harassing you first. What if you were Hispanic and the conversation went like this:

Her: Excuse me, sir, but you are Hispanic, right?

You: Yes

Her: Do you have a green card?

You: I do.

Her: Okay, enjoy the movie!

Wouldn't that be insulting?

BTW I'm not suggesting that you should have handled it any differently, I probably would have done the same thing. Just food for thought.

(York County)

One thing not mentioned, does the theater have a posted " no firearms " policy ?. If it does, this could have played out quite differently. The talk, the flyers, etc., are all great, but they don't trump the theater being private, not public, property. If the op had told the employee " well here I am, tell them to come look ", he may have found himself forcibly ejected or getting a visit from the brothers in blue for being armed and having a combative attitude. Just pointing out the obvious.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    One thing not mentioned, does the theater have a posted " no firearms " policy ?. If it does, this could have played out quite differently. The talk, the flyers, etc., are all great, but they don't trump the theater being private, not public, property. If the op had told the employee " well here I am, tell them to come look ", he may have found himself forcibly ejected or getting a visit from the brothers in blue for being armed and having a combative attitude. Just pointing out the obvious.
    Even without those signs, they could have thrown him out.

Its my personal opinion that each situation has to be weighed. You have to pick and choose your battles. You don't have to be a damn activist ALL the time. Especially on date night with your wife and going to see a badass blockbuster like Avengers. You can take 2 hours off.

Its pretty much known that movie theaters are anti gun just like shopping malls. I was going to assume this convo would have ended with you being asked to leave. By her telling you to enjoy the movie and you interjecting about how in PA you don't need a LTCF, blah blah blah....thats like biting the hand that feeds you. That is private property, they can do whatever they want. If at any time you didnt like what was going on, you could have left. She was full within her rights to do what she did, and she did it.

I know you DIDNT say those things, but you said you thought about it. I want to just enforce your actions, and not your thoughts...and for others reading this as well. This kinda stuff gets on my nerves, just like people saying they'll take their business elsewhere. If they gave a shit, they wouldnt worry about offending you and asking you to leave anyway. And lets also not forget clip vs. magazine. Or permit vs LTCF.

You pick and choose your battles. Don't be a dork. I need to get a T shirt that says that. "if your gonna OC, don't be a dork"
    [account deactivated]

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    Its my personal opinion that each situation has to be weighed. You have to pick and choose your battles. You don't have to be a damn activist ALL the time. Especially on date night with your wife and going to see a badass blockbuster like Avengers. You can take 2 hours off.

Its pretty much known that movie theaters are anti gun just like shopping malls. I was going to assume this convo would have ended with you being asked to leave. By her telling you to enjoy the movie and you interjecting about how in PA you don't need a LTCF, blah blah blah....thats like biting the hand that feeds you. That is private property, they can do whatever they want. If at any time you didnt like what was going on, you could have left. She was full within her rights to do what she did, and she did it.

I know you DIDNT say those things, but you said you thought about it. I want to just enforce your actions, and not your thoughts...and for others reading this as well. This kinda stuff gets on my nerves, just like people saying they'll take their business elsewhere. If they gave a shit, they wouldnt worry about offending you and asking you to leave anyway. And lets also not forget clip vs. magazine. Or permit vs LTCF.

You pick and choose your battles. Don't be a dork. I need to get a T shirt that says that. "if your gonna OC, don't be a dork"
    I did have alot of things going through my head as I went to see the manager. But she totally disarmed me by the way she said "OK, enjoy the movie" is such a friendly way. I agree that saying anything after her reponse and how she said it would not have been smart on my part.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast