Quote Originally Posted by verge View Post
Internet retailers are chancy at best ... who did you get yours from and how well did they treat you?

Bought all three through Kalinka Optics Warehouse. In fact, I've gotten maybe five or six different items from them over ten years or so and never had a problem. I don't know if that means that they "treated me" right. I bought - they sold. Delivery was prompt.

Re internet retailers being "chancy", that has not been my experience. I used to order all sorts of stuff from catalogs before the internet came along and now do it almost exclusively on the net. With one exception in probably 20 years of buying, I've never had a problem.

In that case I was going through Guns America to buy a pistol from a seller and I sent the check to Guns America by certified mail, return receipt requested. Would you believe that Guns America refused the letter?

When I inquired, the response was combative, saying that he would never pick up a certified letter, which made me conclude that he'd been sued a lot. If so, I wonder why? I think that the guy was actually the owner of the business and I was astounded at such a reaction from somebody in business dealing with the public.

I have to say that I was really pissed at such a low-rent and redneck attitude. This was a frickin' BUSINESS TRANSACTION, for pity's sake.
Such an unprofessional and small time encounter made me very nervous about dealing with Guns America. Despite the man's utterly absurd attitude, I did ultimately buy the pistol and it worked out OK. Also, I have continued to deal through Guns America and have not had a problem.